• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organisation of files
I am totally new to mobile sheets and android.   I have just started to set up using the guide.   When I go into 'storage' the prompt 'let mobile sheets manage your files' does not appear as it is supposed to.   How do I proceed?   There is nothing in my library as yet.
Allow mobile sheets to organise files does not comme up when first signing on
The prompt you are referring to should have been shown when the app first started up. If you tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen (called the overflow menu), then tap Settings->Storage, you should see the "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" option, and it should be checked. That setting is what the prompt would have changed. I would recommend leaving that setting on unless you want to manage your own files and folders and understand the consequences of that. 

Mike
(02-12-2023, 04:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The prompt you are referring to should have been shown when the app first started up. If you tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen (called the overflow menu), then tap Settings->Storage, you should see the "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" option, and it should be checked. That setting is what the prompt would have changed. I would recommend leaving that setting on unless you want to manage your own files and folders and understand the consequences of that. 

Mike
I have tried that several times but the prompt does not appear
That means you probably dismissed the prompt, but it doesn't matter. The prompt won't be shown again, but you can change the setting as I have described if you ever need to. Is there a reason you are concerned about the prompt?

Mike
(02-12-2023, 04:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That means you probably dismissed the prompt, but it doesn't matter. The prompt won't be shown again, but you can change the setting as I have described if you ever need to. Is there a reason you are concerned about the prompt?

Mike

Not really.   It just seemed easier to let Mobile Sheets organise my files.   I will carry on anyway and see what happens.  Thanks for your help.
Then you can ensure that Settings->Storage->Let MobileSheets Manage my Files is checked. If it is, MobileSheets is managing your files. 

Mike