• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about supporting transparent navbar?
I know you can do this with full screen mode, but I dislike having to swipe once to first expose the navbar and gestures, and then swipe again to activate the gesture.

I remember Android supports having the navbar and gesture pill be always active and translucent (like how it works on the launcher home screen). Can MSP support that please?
The "Dim the navigation bar" setting should already do that.  Are you not seeing the behavior you want from that?

Mike
(02-19-2023, 10:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The "Dim the navigation bar" setting should already do that.  Are you not seeing the behavior you want from that?

Mike

No. I actually use dim, and both the status bar and the nav bar are completely opaque. The text and images in the bars are actually dimmed from white to gray. But the sheet music isn't visible behind the bars. This is on Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.
With newer Android versions (10+), Google changed the way all of the navigation bar stuff works. I can now only easily hide the bars completely - I can't as easily make them fully transparent. There appear to be some methods to force the navigation bar not to have a background, but I'm not seeing an easy way to make it configurable where you can toggle it on and off. From what I've seen, it's something you really need to have configured at the application start. You can change the navigation bar background color in the application configuration, but once again, this would mean that it wouldn't be easy to toggle on and off, and would probably require an application restart if you changed the setting, which is suboptimal. I think unless a lot of users push for a transparent bar, I'm going to stick with the "Hide the navigation bar" type behavior where you have to swipe up to see the navigation bar or swipe down to see the status bar.
Thanks for entertaining this FR. It's not a huge deal, but I like that "have my cake and eat it too" idea of being able to see the clock/battery, access gestures without an extra "exposing swipe" and still getting all the screen real estate I can.
Btw, I think I found a solution/workaround for my use case.

Apparently, Samsung allows you to hide the home "home pill" entirely in Settings -> Gesture Hint, which also eliminates the stub navbar that it lives in, this opens up the app window the entire bottom of the screen.

Also, the recent Android changes you mentioned to "dim and hide" navbar may have also changed how "fullscreen" mode works. Long story short, if I enable full-screen mode in MSP, and disable Gesture Hint in Settings, I have 100% of the screen available while viewing sheets, with no extra tap/swipe needed to trigger gesture navigation such as back/home.
With 3.7.4, the new "dim status bar" behavior (along with Samsung's "hide gesture hint" display setting) now actually does exactly what I want--it shows the status bar in the library view, without a gesture pill below, and when viewing sheets it:
  1. Completely hides the status bar
  2. Makes available the entire screen (no status bar or navbar space reserved) fully for sheet display
  3. Allows me to use the "clock" feature to track time
  4. Doesn't require an extra "exposing" gesture for back/home navigation.

Thanks!
I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know.

Mike