• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follower Crashes Frequently (3.6.9)
Hi Mike,

Lately, I've been experiencing instability with MobileSheets on my Surface Pro 4 (Win 10) which I use primarily as a connected follower (right page in book mode) using Bluetooth. The program frequently spontaneously closes/exits... enough so that I can no longer count on it for gigs.

I can't point to specific actions that trigger the crashes. It seems to happen even while I am not actively doing anything besides viewing music pages.

I use a Surface Pro 8 (Win 11) as the leader device. I use a generic Bluetooth page turner if that makes a difference.

I keep Windows up-to-date on both devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Serafin
I've seen a lot of crash reports for a particular issue, which I have fixed, so this is most likely what you are seeing. I meant to release an update sooner, but have been bogged down with trying to track down other bug reports from users (along with the new half page turn feature). I'll try to get the update released in the next day or so. Sorry for the inconvenience with that.

Mike
No worries. Looking forward to trying the fix. Thanks! Serafin
If you open "Event Viewer" in Windows, then expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application", you should probably see an error reported for MobileSheets. If you click on that and it shows "AudioLibrary.dll" somewhere in the error message, then you can rest assured that the issue will be fixed with the next update. Let me know if it doesn't show that. 

Thanks,
Mike
(02-21-2023, 06:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you open "Event Viewer" in Windows, then expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application", you should probably see an error reported for MobileSheets. If you click on that and it shows "AudioLibrary.dll" somewhere in the error message, then you can rest assured that the issue will be fixed with the next update. Let me know if it doesn't show that. 

Thanks,
Mike

I missed this post earlier. I do not see MobileSheets listed as a source in the Application logs. Perhaps I'm not looking at the listing correctly.

However, with 3.7.0, I have not had any crashes (spontaneous exits) so far.

Thanks,
Serafin
That's great news - hopefully the issue is fixed.

Mike