• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit "items" in Song Fields
I'm not sure why I can't figure this out. I would like to edit/delete items that occur within fields when editing a song. For example, in the field "Sources" where the item options are "Charts" "Chords" "Lead Sheets", etc, I've accidentally created an item called "Sh", which I must have created when I was attempting to type and select "Sheet Music."

How do I edit or delete the item "Sh" in either Windows or IpadOS?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You cannot delete while using the multi-selection dialog (although enough people seem to be confused by this that I will probably add support for it). Close the dialog, then just long press on the sh entry (the one with a blue box) in the field. You'll see an option to delete the entry there. Alternatively, go to Settings->Library Settings->Tab Selection and Order, add the Source Types tab, then long press the Sh entry on that tab and tap "Delete" at the top of the screen.

Mike
So basically I'm trying too hard. I love the app even more now. Thank you.
I find it much faster to just type in new entries in the fields, but I think a lot of people are using the multi-selection dialog instead. This has always surprised me. I don't have a good sense for what most users are doing. If more users are utilizing the dialog, then I definitely should add the option to delete there. It just seems slower to use the dialog in my opinion.

Mike
For me, it depends on whether I'm having to use my on-screen keyboard and how many options need to be added to the field. If I have to use the on-screen keyboard and add more than a couple entries (happens often for the Instrument, Key, and Genre fields). Then I use the multi-selection dialog.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP