• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No annotations possible in 3.7.0 :-(
Today my MS installed update 3.7.0. Now I cannot make any annotations anymore. Nothing happens when I write a line or put in a stamp etc. Please help!

Rein
2 HP Pro x2 G612 tablets - often used in linked mode - with pen
Windows 11 pro
Airturn Ped / Custom double foot pedal USB

Before that: Hannspree Titan2 / Acer Switch 3
I'm not able to reproduce any issues with annotating. Please provide the following information:

1) What display mode are you using? (Single page, half page, vertical scrolling, etc)
2) Do you have performance mode enabled? 
3) Do you have stylus mode enabled in the annotation settings?
4) Are you annotating with your finger or a stylus?
5) Are you working with PDFs?

Thanks,
Mike
I just noticed that the problem is only in half page mode, which I work in a lot. In whole page mode there is no problem.
No performance mode used.
I use stylus mode. When my stylus comes close to the screen annotation mode starts.
Annotating with stylus.
Working on PDFs.

Rein
Windows 11 pro

I’ll run tests tonight with a stylus to see if I can reproduce the issues you’ve mentioned. If I can, I’ll submit an update to address it, although Microsoft will most likely not approve the update over the weekend.

Thanks,
Mike
I am having the exact same issue. I've noticed when I switch to single page mode, and then back to half-page mode, annotating works, but only until you close annotation mode. I'm using a Surface Pro (1796) running Windows 10.

Dave
I have found the cause of the issue and will submit an update to Microsoft as soon as possible. Hopefully it will be approved early on Monday. Sorry for any inconvenience with this - you can use the option to force the single page display mode in the annotation editor if you want a simple solution. Alternatively, if you pinch zoom after entering the editor, I believe this should cause the stylus to start working. 

Mike
Thanks for the fixed update.
Smile
Windows 11 pro

Sure thing! Thanks for reporting the issue.

Mike
(02-27-2023, 06:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sure thing! Thanks for reporting the issue.

Mike

Hi Mike, 

Could you please check one thing in your environment.
Using stamps on chord pro format rendered screens has stopped working.

I'm on 3.7.6 version (Windows) using chord pro format rendering mainly.
Display mode: Two page.
Every second page usually empty, as a spaceholder for later annotations.
Annotations can be handwriting, stamps ...

In user stamps I import png-s with screenshot cropped tabulatures for example.
(I'll put a development idea also related to this. It'd be greate, copy / paste small sized screenshots directly onto annotation layers.)

I very appreciate your development efforts made for us.

Regards,
F.
I'll look into it to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm running a new Lenovo Chromebook and for an unknown reason I could no longer enter annotation mode by using either the touchpad or the mouse click but I can still enter annotation mode by touching the screen.  This worked fine until?  I was fooling with settings so it's no doubt related.  Searching the settings, I see nothing that strikes me as being related.  I followed the earlier advice posted here and reset all settings - AND IT WORKED!  

Great, but I'd really like to know what setting(s) might cause this so I don't end up here again.

Thanks.