• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Echo Setting - Considering Removing It
MobileSheets currently has a setting to take MIDI input and automatically send it back out on any connected output port. However, some users either accidentally enable this or it gets enabled somehow, and causes major issues with many MIDI devices, as it causes an endless loop. I'm considering getting rid of this setting entirely. Before I do so, I just wanted to ask if anyone is actually utilizing this setting. If anyone has a need for this setting, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,
I'm just trying to use this function on Windows version and I can't get the notes I play on a keyboard to the Midi out of the midi usb interface. I use an external sound module but nothing is received. I think that this function must be a Midi Thru, isn't it?

Best regards
Pere
I'll need to know more about how you have connected all of your devices. Is the MIDI USB interface sitting between your device running MobileSheets and the keyboard? You said you are trying to use "this function" - which function are you referring to? The MIDI Echo feature which I removed?

Mike
Yes, I use a Kurzweil SP76 piano with a Ketron SD2 Soundmodule. It works without problem, but I need to use my laptop with your app. I use an USB to midi (the keyboard and the module only have 5-pin DIN midi conectors) to connect PC and two instruments. I have midi IN from keyboard to the PC and from your app to the sound module only the MIDI commands I use when selecting a song in your app. The notes played from the piano doesn't come from Midi IN to OUT. Remember I use Windows app, not Android.

The function is Midi Echo.... similar to THRU isn't it?
The Midi Echo setting was similar - it would take all messages received on the input ports and send them back out the output ports. This can result in loops and other undesirable behavior though. I would recommend using something that can route the MIDI messages the way you want. One thing you can do is use an application like loopMIDI to receive the MIDI from the keyboard, then loopMIDI can send the messages back out to both MobileSheets and whatever else needs to receive those messages.

Mike