• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSV import into groups
When I'm in a group (setlist, collection) and import a local file, the imported song is automatically added to the group.
When I import a song using CSV import this is not the case. I have to go to tab "Songs", find the new song, open the song editor, add the group and go back to the group I was working on before.
This is a regular situation for me: editing a setlist or a collection, adding songs from a fakebook that is not yet in my MobileSheets database.
I noticed the behaviour in MSP 3.7.0 Win, did not check on Android.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Add the group as a field in the .csv file?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
That's mainly because the UI just doesn't provide any options for adding additional metadata. So I didn't want to create a situation where the selected entries are automatically added to the active group without providing any indication that that will happen, and also not allowing the user to deselect the group if they don't want that. I would need to rework the importing process to require the user to first select the songs, then pop up the import settings dialog if I wanted to support that. I'm not opposed to doing that if users think it's worth it, but it does then add an extra step each time the CSV import feature is used. Alternatively, I could split the existing dialog into two parts using tabs so that you can both select songs and enter additional metadata. That obviously will require a lot of UI changes, but if it's useful to people, I can do it.

Mike
How about adding a checkbox similar to "Load song editor after import" shown before importing a local file. And if it is set open the "Batch Edit" dialog with the list of imported songs. Would that be easier to implement?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

That would be easier to implement, although it's arguably a tiny bit more clunky that just being able to set it at the time of import. I'll have to think about this a bit. Just adding a checkbox would let me add this feature for the next update as it would be fairly easy to implement, whereas I might need to wait for the other UI changes.

Mike