• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro Bug & Feature Requests
I worked on a ChordPro file that brought up some issues and lengthy discussions with Sciurius.
The attached PDFs were created with Sciurius' ChordPro reference implementation.

I was not aware that MSP already supports ChordPro annotations written as [* - great.

Using ChordLocalization set to Source: Default, Display: Scandinavian shows a bug, marked in red on WennsDerSchlechdGaeid_C_MSP.jpg and WennsDerSchlechdGaeid_F_MSP.jpg:
The * in [*Break] should not only prevent transposing, but also transcoding to "Hreak"

Two ChordPro features that I frequently miss and that are hopefully easy to implement:
- please support transposing of lowercase characters in [] (often used for notating single notes for intros and fills)
- please support chord grids enclosed in {start_of_grid} / {end_of_grid}

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pro   WennsDerSchlechtGaeiht_SHe_ABC.pro (Size: 1.15 KB / Downloads: 2)
.pdf   WennsDerSchlechtGaeit_C.pdf (Size: 275.36 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   WennsDerSchlechtGaeit_F.pdf (Size: 276.88 KB / Downloads: 0)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

After I release the next update for the half page turn position, the following update is going to be focused on adding the missing chord pro features, including the things you've asked for. I'll look into that bug as well.

Thanks,
Mike
The issue that e.g. [Break] was transcoded to Hreak is fixed. Thank you.

But a new issue came up:
[*<three blanks>] is displayed as * in 3.7.0 and 3.7.1, both Android and Win10. This was not the case in previous versions.
Writing place holders as [*<three blanks>] instead of [<three blanks>] came up in the discussion with Sciurius as a means to avoid error messages of the ChordPro reference implementation.

Please don't invest too much time, it's a rare usecase and I can easily live with the behaviour. Just want to let you know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pro   WennsDerSchlechtGaeiht_SHe.pro (Size: 995 bytes / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   WennsDerSchlechtGaeit_ChordPro_6.000_005.pdf (Size: 155.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

(03-03-2023, 08:34 AM)itsme Wrote: [*]is displayed as * in 3.7.0 and 3.7.1, both Android and Win10. This was not the case in previous versions.

Currently the behaviour of [*] is not defined the ChordPro specification.

I see a couple of possibilities.
  • Treat a single asterisk as an asterisk annotation. In other words, it is the same as [**].
  • Make it an empty annotation (same as []).

Can you think of use cases for these?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
There's an issue how the forum displays it. I'm talking about [*<three blanks>] vs. [<three blanks>] that I use as placeholder. I'll improve my previous post.
[*]in fact makes no sense, [**] to display a star as a comment formatted like a chord might be useful in some cases.