• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Button doesn't work while I'm performing
When actually playing, if I reach up to touch the link button to return to a prior page, rather than the page turning, the button just turns dark and gets stuck. I often have to tap the button 2 or 3 more times before it goes to the page it's supposed to return to. When I try this just by itself, it works fine, but for whatever reason, being busy with one hand on the piano and the other trying to turn a page causes all kinds of grief. This happens very nearly every single time I'm playing and trying to turn a page at the same time. Forward turns/backward turns work fine. It's only the link button that fails to work. If needed, I can create a video showing it happening.
A video would certainly be helpful as I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce the issue you are describing, or why it would require several taps to trigger the button.

Thanks,
Mike
here's an example.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7NiInjiqhC8?feature=share
So it would appear you pressed down on the link point but then dragged your finger off it before releasing. I currently trigger the link point upon releasing the press, but only if the finger is still over the link point. I can change the logic to trigger it when pressing down on the link point to prevent this scenario. Let me know if that does not match what is happening in your opinion. My only concern with this approach is I'll have to make very sure that the touch actions are ignored after the link point is triggered, at least until the finger is lifted off the screen.

Mike
(03-02-2023, 12:12 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So it would appear you pressed down on the link point but then dragged your finger off it before releasing. I currently trigger the link point upon releasing the press, but only if the finger is still over the link point. I can change the logic to trigger it when pressing down on the link point to prevent this scenario. Let me know if that does not match what is happening in your opinion. My only concern with this approach is I'll have to make very sure that the touch actions are ignored after the link point is triggered, at least until the finger is lifted off the screen.

Mike

That might fix the problem. I suspected I might be moving slightly when pressing it, but as a pianist, keeping a steady hand on the tablet while the other hand is busy playing stride piano is a near impossible ask.
I've modified the logic to trigger on the press down, so you can let me know if it works better for you after the next update is released.

Mike