• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User stamp not working in ipad version
I created a user stamp in Inkscape. I'm creating a set of Roman Numerals that can be stamped above chords on a lead sheet. Since I'm new to MobileSheets and had not used the stamp feature yet, I wanted to play around with it to get the size right and see if it would work.

In Inkscape:
I created a roman numeral 3 - III - as a small svg. I used Times Roman font, and it's tiny (0.22x0.18 in or 21x17 px for reference) and I picked "Resize page to selection in Document Properties, and also made the background transparent by checking the Checkerboard option, also in the Document Properties. The transparent background is important, because I've chosen to show the pdfs on the ipad with the sepia color. That way, there's not a white box behind it, on the "sepia-colored paper."

Upon import on the ipad, it shows as a gray square, it can't be selected or used. It doesn't do anything. I can long-press it and see the file details, and it looks like a normal path.

So I tried it in Android - I imported it into MobileSheets on my samsung phone and it worked great! It shows up, looks like a III, I can stamp with it perfectly, it has the transparent background, AND it's the perfect size at the default. So that's good news. However, my plan is to use my phone to play backing tracks. It's too small to read music from, so really needing this to work on the ipad.

When I came to the forum to post this, I saw a new update for the ipad was just released, so I went ahead and repeated the procedure after updating to 3.7.2, just in case, but with the same results.

Thanks!
Send the .svg to mike@zubersoft.com and I can take a look at it. Different SVG libraries are used on each platform, so there is no guarantee they will all support the same features. I'm guessing you just need to convert your text to an object  path in the SVG, which basically simplifies it down to a series of drawing commands versus having an embedded font with text.

Mike
Mike, thank you for looking into this. I tried your suggestion. It shows up in the stamp window, but won't stick.

I've sent you a detailed email with a couple of svg files to look at.

Thanks!