• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing on another tablet
How do i install my purchased MS program on another Android tablet?

Bought my copy of MS years ago, maybe in 2014 from I believe from Google Play Store.

I saw an archived thread that said if you register device #1 with Google play, you should be able to download another copy to another device. When i go into my Google Play account, it doesn't show past purchases.

I couldn't even find evidence of having purchased this copy. When I open my MS on device #1, I can't find anything about my profile. When I use MS, I go straight to Songs or Setlists, therefore I rarely use any of the other features.

Thanks in advance.
Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T530NU model; Mobilesheets paid version;  Mobilesheets newbie;  Korg Triton Le, Roland FP-7, Privia PX-560M; keyboard player for part-time band;  vocalist;  play piano for church
If you did buy from Google Play Store, you should indeed be able to install a copy from Google Play Store on the other device without paying again (if you are using the same google account on that other device)
There used to be an older (much more limited in capabilites) version of Mobilesheets in the past, that was not further developed and was replaced by MobileSheets Pro. If the version you bought was that older version of MS, you will need to pay again. Mobilesheets Pro, was recently renamed to MobileSheets so the app in the store will have that last name.

Go look for the MobileSheets app in the Google Play store on the device where you want to install. If it does not mention a price, you will be able to install for free. Just install it.

Rudy
Thanks Rudy.  When you say "older limited" version of Mobile sheets, what year was that?

Also, sorry for another newbie question.  your comment "does not mention a price":  When I go to Google Play Store using Device #1, and I'm signed in to my Google account, you're saying I shouldn't see the $14.99 if I purchased thru Google?  It's confusing because it was so long ago when I set up my tablet and I can't recall how I did it. For example, what if I purchased via Microsoft?  How would I go about finding out whether I purchased it via that avenue? 

Further question:  If I wind up buying the $14.99 newer version, if I install it on Device #1, will I still have all the setlists that I created from the older version of MS?

Thanks again.
Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T530NU model; Mobilesheets paid version;  Mobilesheets newbie;  Korg Triton Le, Roland FP-7, Privia PX-560M; keyboard player for part-time band;  vocalist;  play piano for church
In 2014 there was only an Android version and  I think it was still the predecessor to the current MSP which was a new app from scratch and you had to buy new.

So if I'm right and you bought the old MobileSheets you'll have to buy it again (and you'll have it on all Android devices then). Also you have to buy again for the other OSes if you need them.
(But it's well worth it. I have MSP on Android, iOS and Windows myself).
A separate purchase of MobileSheets is required per platform. So if you purchased through Google Play, that can be used to install on your Android tablets, but if you are wanting to use a Windows device, that would require a purchase through the Microsoft Store. If you log into your Google account, you can check your list of purchases for the account. The same is true of the Microsoft Store. Just tap your profile icon in the store app, click Manage account/devices, scroll down and expand Order history, then you can view all of your purchases.

If you install on multiple devices, you will need to transfer your library which can be done with a library backup file or the sync library feature. To transfer your library using a backup file, open MobileSheets on your old tablet, tap the three dots at the top right of the library screen and then tap Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. This will generate a .msb file in the folder you select which can be on the device or in the cloud. If you selected a local folder, transfer the file from that folder to the other tablet. Open MobileSheets on the new tablet, then go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. After the restore completes, you will have access to your entire library on that device.

Mike