• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translation composer menu
If I select a composer there is a top menu with different entries. Two of them are in my opinion wrong in the german translation: It says "Gruppe kopieren" and "Gruppe löschen". I do not know why there is the word "Gruppe" (group). I think it should only be "kopieren" and "löschen".

Daniel
It is the same translation in "Collections" and "Set lists". There the word "Gruppe" is technically correct, because a collection consist of multiple songs, but I would also prefer to simply translate it with "kopieren" and "löschen" as in the english version.
I've asked the German translator (itsme on the forums) to comment on this, because I don't know what is best and I trust him implicitly with the translation. If he agrees, then I'll make the changes.

Thanks,
Mike
"Gruppe" / "group" is technically correct for composers as well. Song properties like collections, setlists, albums, composers, source types, Artists, Genres... (Sammlungen, Setlisten, Alben, Komponisten, Typen, Interpreten, Genres...) set  a kind of label to a number of songs, every song can have many of these properties. This is why "Gruppe" / "group" is used as a generic term for all these properties. Most features of groups are the same or similar and maintained in the same way, described in the manual as group / Group Management / Group Editor (Gruppe / Gruppen Management / Gruppen Editor).

I suppose that at the time when I translated the UI there was "delete group" and "copy group" in the English version and it was changed sometime in English but not in German. But that's just an assumption, my memory might be wrong in details like this.

Anyway, changing the German texts from "Gruppe löschen" to "Löschen" and "Gruppe kopieren" to "Kopieren" is a good idea. It would save some space in the UI and would make the German UI more consistent to the English UI.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Alright, I'll change it for the next update - thanks to both of you.

Mike