• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicates by Collection
I have a lot of songs with the same title, but they reside in different collections, because different bands play different arrangements of them.

It would be nice to have an 'only within collection' option for responding to duplicate files.  This may be a rabbit hole, as songs are allowed to be in multiple collections... but I constantly run into the issue of not knowing if a duplicate file is within the collection I'm importing into or not, and therefore I don't know what I want do do about the duplicate... Is this song already in the collection, in which case it should be updated or ignored, or is the song from some other collection, in which case it should be imported as a new song?

I have dozens of copies of certain songs from not knowing how to deal with this.
You can change the song title formatting under Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting to include the collection in the caption. You can also include the file paths in the caption as well. So you would have an easy way of knowing what collections each song is a part of which you can use to resolve these conflicts.

Mike
ooh, good one, thanks!