• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popup window to show quickview of song's metadata
I would love to have a special button, (maybe at the bottom next to the scaling button) that one could turn on/off (open/close) like the notes, setlist and bookmarks buttons, for the purpose of showing all the metadata of the song. This would be a non-editable quickview. 

I frequently find myself wanting to see if I've added the year, or to remember what movie or musical a song was from, etc. 

I'm still in the process of adding metadata as I'm setting up my library and am finding it tedious loading the song editor multiple times to see if I added everything to a particular song, when going through the list.

I can also imagine it woold be handy in a performance, as well, to be able to see a quickview of the details I've added to the metadata, to say, for instance, this song was first released on such and such a date or by so and so group. 

I know those details could be in the notes, but why have to re-type info I already have in metadata?

Ideally, the button could be pressed to open, then pressed to close, like the setlist button. (Much faster than loading the editor.) But there could also be something to press inside the quickview window to jump into to song editor from there if needed.

Anyway, that's my idea. I don't know if others would find it useful or not.
I like the idea. But for the time it could help you to look into and use the title format option to display the metadata you are interested in in the subtitle, so you can see from the song lists if there's something like year or other metadata is displayed (so already there) or not (so missing).
You can access most of the meta data quite easily when a song is displayed
  1. Tap centre of screen to bring up the overlay
  2. Tap 4th icon (pencil?) from top left
  3. Dismiss using OK or Cancel

This is only one more press (to bring up the overlay) than you would like and I suppose you have to position where your second press and exiting are located

I tend to use the Windows Companion program when filling in lots of metadata on my Android tablet.
This allows you to sort the columns by clicking on the column header e.g. sorting the Duration column puts all the blank entries at the bottom.
You can choose which fields the companion displays i.e. if the field is not currently displayed then add it (I think you can also position it near the start of each line to make it visible without scrolling horizontally)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Caption / subtitle is the way to go with existing functionality to achieve that.
Nice and helpful, new in MobileSheets 3.7.4, is showing the subtitle on the song overlay:
Display Settings - Show Caption in the Title Bar
Once the caption is configured to show what you need it's only one click

And here's an upcoming feature request to save and select sophisticated captions:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-9684.html
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de