• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dual monitor setup
Hi all,

I wonder if MSP (on Windows) supports a dual monitor setup.

For my MS-Surface Pro7, I plan to buy an additional screen, which would be connected using USB-C.
Probably something like this: https://www.amazon.de/WIMAXIT-Touchscree...09TZVN74H/

The two devices (Surface + external monitor) should then sit side by side in portrait mode on my music stand, showing the score sheets in a 2 page setup.

Would MSP support this configuration?
In the forum and the documentation I only found a way to connect 2 (or more) devices, each one being a full fledged tablet (or PC).

Any hints?
Or any other idea on how to use such a relatively light weight configuration for the dual page mode in MSP?

Kind Regards
Andreas
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal
That's what I would like too. I've started finding portable displays that are a similar size as my surface. I haven't bought one because it's not really supported yet. The windows version of the app can be stretched across both monitors and works well for two-page songs but a single page gets placed right in the middle (half on each screen). Same thing happens with the last page of an song or setlist with an odd number of pages.

Mike has stated that he wants to redo to windows version and change it from a UWP app to a regular desktop program. I'm hoping that this change will allow a second page display that can be moved to the other screen.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
It's more complicated than that, as even if I have a standard desktop app, there still has to be code in place to create a second window on a secondary monitor and then display scores in that window. I then have to synchronize everything between the two windows (such as when annotating). 

Mike
I'll bet, I had assumed that that was why some of the other programs I use had taken years to get to dockable windows that could be placed on other monitors.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
You can do that in windows itself.
You can set your display that the applications spans over 2 screens.
Im not sure id the middle will be correct with different screens, but its worth to try.
greetz Chris.
@chris bakker: could you please give more details where to find that setting? thanks in advance
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de