• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylus button not recognized Lenovo Active Pen 3
Hello,

I use a Lenovo M10 plus 3rg gen tablet with a Lenovo Active Pen 3.

Switching to annotation mode when using the pen works great, however, switching to eraser when pressing (one of) buttons does not work. The configuration (Stylus Button Tool) is set to eraser.

Anyway to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
It just depends on what is being reported in the Android framework for the motion events. The approach I'm currently using works well for Samsung S-Pens, but it may not work well for other types of pens like the one you are using. There are a few flags in the Android framework that I can check to see if a stylus button is pressed - we can experiment to see if that works properly with your device. If you are willing to test out a new build that checks those flags, let me know.

Mike
(04-07-2023, 12:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It just depends on what is being reported in the Android framework for the motion events. The approach I'm currently using works well for Samsung S-Pens, but it may not work well for other types of pens like the one you are using. There are a few flags in the Android framework that I can check to see if a stylus button is pressed - we can experiment to see if that works properly with your device. If you are willing to test out a new build that checks those flags, let me know.

Mike

Sure, I'm fine with that. Are you aware of any software which can show these kind of flags outside of MobileSheets?
I'm sure there are probably some test programs out there that will print out motion events. We would just need to see if the isButtonPressed returns true when passed BUTTON_STYLUS_PRIMARY or BUTTON_STYLUS_SECONDARY. 

Mike
(04-07-2023, 02:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm sure there are probably some test programs out there that will print out motion events. We would just need to see if the isButtonPressed returns true when passed BUTTON_STYLUS_PRIMARY or BUTTON_STYLUS_SECONDARY. 

Mike

I did a quick search but didn't find anything useful so far. If you find something, or have a special build or app you want me to test please let me know.
If I find out anything I'll get back to you too.
I have sent an email to your forum email address with a link to the installer. Please let me know if your stylus button works with that build.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much. The build works as expected!. It does show (somewhat) the behavior as described in the help item where you configure the functionality for the button (the change is only noticed once you touch the screen).

The exact behavior is:
If I push the button, the mode is changed to erasing as soon as I touch the screen.
If I release the button, the mode is changed back to writing as soon as I remove the pen from the screen (buttondown vs buttonup).

So if I'm erasing (button pressed), I remove the pen from the screen and touch the screen again, the mode is still set to erasing. It's changed back to writing when I remove the pen from the screen again. Basically to switch from erasing to writing I have to tap the screen to force the change back.
I've sent you another build to hopefully resolve that issue.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, confirmes, this build resolved the last issue, thanks! 

Any reason why I can't keep running this build for now? When do you expect this to be in the official release?
You can keep running that build without any problems. It will be included with version 3.7.7 which I'm aiming to release this weekend to address bugs on older devices.

Mike