• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some stamp thumbnails missing on Android
I created a rather large set of stamps (of ukulele chord fingerings) on my windows device. They all work perfectly.

I then saved all of the .jpg to the cloud and added them to my android device. All added, but about 10% of them show blank thumbnails when I try to use them. If I click on a blank thumbnail, the appropriate stamp is selected and displayed at the top of the window, and it can be added to a sheet, but the thumbnail in the selection window continues to be blank for those same 10% of the stamps.

I've tried restarting MSheets and I've tried rebooting the pad, multiple times, but the problem remains. I could try removing all of the stamps and then re-inserting them to see if that fixes the problem, but with about 65 stamps involved that's going to take some time.

I notice that a sync from my master (windows) device to the cloud created and populated a "stamps" directory, but a sync of the android device didn't seem to add them to the stamp selection menu... so I installed the entire "stamps" directory to the android device. That worked but with the "blank thumbnail" issue above.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe,

Please send a few of the stamps to mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at them on my Android tablet. What type of Android device are you using? As far as the sync issue, synchronizing will send the stamps over, but the configuration of the stamps window is saved in a separate configuration file that isn't synchronized. I'm going to add an option to synchronize settings in the near future for users that want that.

Mike
(04-08-2023, 10:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Joe,

Please send a few of the stamps to mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at them on my Android tablet. What type of Android device are you using? As far as the sync issue, synchronizing will send the stamps over, but the configuration of the stamps window is saved in a separate configuration file that isn't synchronized. I'm going to add an option to synchronize settings in the near future for users that want that.

Mike

My tablet is a Fire HD 10. I can look up the exact version of Android its running if you need that.

Glad to email some of the "failing" stamps, and will do so shortly. They all are just tiny jpgs that I've grabbed using Hypersnap... various sizes, the largest being about 40x65.

Thanks,
Joe
(04-08-2023, 10:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Joe,

Mike

Prompted by wanting to get the syncing working between my Windows and Android devices, I blew away all of the stamps on the Android, then re-installed all of the stamps from GDrive. Then resynced with GDrive. All of the stamps now seem to be displaying and working properly. Apparently I've managed to sidestep the problem. So I guess you can mark this issued as closed.

Thank you for your help.

Joe
I just imported all of the stamps and they have worked just fine for me, so I wasn't able to reproduce any issues. I'm glad to hear that it's all working properly for you now too.

Mike