• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling/restricting display of next song
I used to use MobileSheets on Android, but after 3+ years away I’m using it again, this time on iOS. I particularly want to send a MIDI CC message (to another app) when a song loads, and I can do this just fine. I therefore don’t want a song to load until I really want it too and at the moment I find I’m constantly moving to the next song before I’m ready too (and therefore my instrument sounds are being changed by the other app ready for the next song whilst I’m still in my current song!).  So amongst the myriad of controls on MobileSheets, is there a way of me restricting the display of the next song on a set list until I’m really ready to load it?
I have Display Settings > Next Song Indicator on with the ‘On page before next song’ option selected. It was working fine earlier (although I would have preferred it in red to blue), but it’s not showing up at all now no matter which option I choose. I’m wondering if it’s conflicting with another control I’ve selected? Because I’m sending a MIDI command on song load, it’s vital I know the next song is coming up and that I don’t load it before I intend to, so is there any workaround to do that if I can’t get the Next Song Indicator working?
Sorted! Seems you can’t have the Song Title bar and the Next Song Indicator bar on simultaneously - it’s one or the other. And I can change the colour to red if I want!
That's definitely a bug - I will look into it and get it fixed.

As far as preventing song changes, you can certainly do that. Go to Settings->Library Settings and uncheck "Always Load Whole Setlist". Then when you load a song in a setlist, only that one song will be loaded. You can't use the "Next Up" bar if you change that though, and you'll have to go back to the library screen to switch to the next song unless you assign the "Go to Next Song" touch action to one of the corners. If you use a pedal to turn pages, you can also just enable "Prevent pedal from changing songs".

Mike