• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remember settings for each layer?
My music scores have layers and I want to be able to save the settings for each layer. For example, Layer 1 uses blue pen and Layer 2 uses red pen. 
I want to be able to switch between layers and have the app remembered the colour for each layer. 

Is it possible?

This is useful because when I am taking notes during music lessons it's much easier to just switch between layers without having to change the pen colour, font size, etc. back and forth.

Thanks.
I do not use the layers in my working process, but i think this is not possible. As i understand the the layers "store" the annotations and you could have different annotations per Song for different Bands or ensembles for instance. I prefer to make a copy of the song for different ensembles and rename the copy  propably if i need it. 
Maybe you could solve it with favourites and the command bar. Save your settings and colours for your pens and Tools  as favourites  and you have easy and fast access.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(04-14-2023, 01:44 PM)McAroni Wrote: I do not use the layers in my working process, but i think this is not possible. As i understand the the layers "store" the annotations and you could have different annotations per Song for different Bands or ensembles for instance. I prefer to make a copy of the song for different ensembles and rename the copy  propably if i need it. 
Maybe you could solve it with favourites and the command bar. Save your settings and colours for your pens and Tools  as favourites  and you have easy and fast access.

Interesting. Could you walk me through to how to set that? If it matters, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 FE with the S pen. 
It would be nice if I could just press the button on the S pen and change the colour from red to blue. I am new to Android so I have no idea how to do it. Thanks.
My first advice is, that you should also take a look at the manual which comes with the installation of MobileSheets or you could download here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual/

For your setup:
The button of the SPen could be set with different functions, but i think not to switch the colour. I prefer the eraser there. Have a look at the Settings of the annotation editor (Full Manual Page 136 "Stylus Button Tool")
You could switch the between different tools, but not the same tool with different settings.

For Setting up favorites: (See Page 132 Full Manual)
Make you settings for your tool of choice, colour, thickness and so on.
Press the star at the top bar of the annotations editor and the plus sign. Your actual settings and the tool will be saved.
Repeat the same step with the same tool and different settings. Or Any tool you select.
You have access to your favorites right there or via the radial menu or the command bar.
I prefer the command bar. There you could switch through your favorites while annotating. Or adding more favorites direct there pressing the plus symbol (page 134 Full Manual)

To bring up the command bar click the icon on the right next to the layers icon.
Perfect. You have solved my problem. Thank you. Now it's much more efficient to switch between colours!
Thank you for helping with this McAroni! I really appreciate it.

Mike
Sure Thing. You're welcome.