• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing mid gig!!
I've been using Mobilesheets on my Lenovo M10 for months now, and had no issues.   I use premade backing tracks as my Clavinova piano is too heavy to take (I sing in retirement homes, so small spaces) and use mobilesheets to play the music alongside having the lyrics on screen. 

Last two gigs, the app has crashed midsong.   I have to swipe to open my android again, and everything is paused on screen where it was left. 

I have started taking my laptop with me again as a backup, which was what I was using originally, but it's not ideal as I have to have to different apps open to show the lyrics on screen.  

All the settings for both the app and my tablet are set to never for screensaver.   I have literally nothing else loaded on the tablet and am only using 16% of memory currently. 

Has there been an update recently that could suddenly be causing this?
Is the application actually crashing, meaning when you bring it back up it is back on the library screen? Or is it just minimized/hidden, so that when you tap the MobileSheets icon, it's just resuming? These are two very different things and we would need to investigate the two differently. If it's an actual crash, please enable Settings->About->Enable Crash Reports, reproduce the crash and I will get a crash report with information about what happened. If the app is just minimizing, that's not something MobileSheets would do itself, so you'd need to figure out what is causing your tablet to go back to the home screen. If you have a case on the tablet that might be triggering touch events, try removing that, or if you are placing it on a conductive metal stand, for example, see if that is the problem.

Mike
(04-17-2023, 07:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is the application actually crashing, meaning when you bring it back up it is back on the library screen? Or is it just minimized/hidden, so that when you tap the MobileSheets icon, it's just resuming? These are two very different things and we would need to investigate the two differently. If it's an actual crash, please enable Settings->About->Enable Crash Reports, reproduce the crash and I will get a crash report with information about what happened. If the app is just minimizing, that's not something MobileSheets would do itself, so you'd need to figure out what is causing your tablet to go back to the home screen. If you have a case on the tablet that might be triggering touch events, try removing that, or if you are placing it on a conductive metal stand, for example, see if that is the problem.

Mike

Thanks, I'll enable crash reports so we can have info next time it happens.  And yes, at events I put it on a music stand as I'm still researching which tablet stand to purchase.  I have been using it at home since then and it's happened once or twice without being on a music stand, however I do have it in a case with magnets, so I'll try taking it out of that.
If the app is crashing, then you don't need to worry about the stand or case. You didn't confirm whether it's crashing vs minimizing though, so I'm still not sure which is happening.

Mike
(04-17-2023, 07:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is the application actually crashing, meaning when you bring it back up it is back on the library screen? Or is it just minimized/hidden, so that when you tap the MobileSheets icon, it's just resuming? These are two very different things and we would need to investigate the two differently. If it's an actual crash, please enable Settings->About->Enable Crash Reports, reproduce the crash and I will get a crash report with information about what happened. If the app is just minimizing, that's not something MobileSheets would do itself, so you'd need to figure out what is causing your tablet to go back to the home screen. If you have a case on the tablet that might be triggering touch events, try removing that, or if you are placing it on a conductive metal stand, for example, see if that is the problem.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I just noticed this error reporting. It is turned on on my device that also crashes during use (it does not minimise). How do I get the error report to you or bring your attention to it? Device is a Acer Spin 713. thanks!
The strange thing about that, is if the app is truly crashing, then when you load it back up, it should start at the library screen. It should not go back to viewing the scores you were last looking at. Can you confirm the behavior you are seeing? If it goes back to viewing the scores when you tap the application icon, that means it's minimized, not crashed. I have not received any crash reports from a Lenovo M10, which is why I ask.

Thanks,
Mike
davewalker says he is using an Acer Spin 713 (musickaren uses the M10)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Oh thanks for pointing that out. davewalker - I have no crashes from an Acer Spin 713. Please go to Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference and toggle the selection to the other value and see if that helps with the issue.

Mike