• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to for a pedal
Hey, 

i would like to use my Pearl Auvisio HZ-2758-675 as "pedal". The tool is paired with my Ipad. Some normal Ipad functions are working fine, f.e. Volume Up, Volume Down.

But in Mobilsheets, there is no action. In the settings under "Pedal Actions" there are some options, but when i push any button on the device, no command was recognized.

Any idea how to integrate the bluetooth device to work with Mobilesheets?

Regards,
Bernd
Hello Bernd,

This has come up before, but with the iPadOS version, there is no way to trigger actions with volume up/volume down, which is what a lot of camera shutter type devices send. Apple processes those commands in the OS and does not notify the app of the volume up/volume down command. It's not treated like a normal key press command like, "page up" or "left arrow". MobileSheets will only respond to devices that send key commands like that. The Flic buttons are a good choice as they support that kind of interaction.

Mike
(04-19-2023, 05:55 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Bernd,

This has come up before, but with the iPadOS version, there is no way to trigger actions with volume up/volume down, which is what a lot of camera shutter type devices send. Apple processes those commands in the OS and does not notify the app of the volume up/volume down command. It's not treated like a normal key press command like, "page up" or "left arrow". MobileSheets will only respond to devices that send key commands like that. The Flic buttons are a good choice as they support that kind of interaction.

Mike

Hey Mike,

thank you for your quick reply. Too bad it doesn't work with iPadOS. What do you mean by the "Flic buttons"?

Bernd
Google  "Flic buttons" ?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Flic buttons can be found here: https://flic.io/

Mike
(04-19-2023, 09:25 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Flic buttons can be found here: https://flic.io/

Mike

I didn't know Flic buttons before. Thank you for your recommendation. Can I use a Flic button to control the page turning in mobilesheets?
Yes, you certainly can. You can assign different key commands to single press vs double press with the flic button, and then you can assign those keys to "Go to next page" and "Go to previous page". Or if you have two separate buttons, each one can be configured to control different actions.

Mike
I wanted to post an update to this - due to more and more users asking me about these shutter controls, I'm going to see if I can monitor volume changes in the iPadOS version and translate these to key press events myself so that they can be used to trigger pedal actions. If it works, then it will be possible to use these in the iPadOS version like a pedal.

Mike
(04-26-2023, 10:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I wanted to post an update to this - due to more and more users asking me about these shutter controls, I'm going to see if I can monitor volume changes in the iPadOS version and translate these to key press events myself so that they can be used to trigger pedal actions. If it works, then it will be possible to use these in the iPadOS version like a pedal.

Mike

Hey Mike,

That would be an ingenious solution. For example, an ordinary bluetooth media remote control could be used for the turn over.

Bernd
I'm looking forward to that as well. I've been using some simple and cheap BT remotes for MSP for some time for Android and Windows and now for iPad as well.

It probably depends which BT remotes you use and which work. It's a bit of trial and error. But my current ones which worked for Android and Windows perfectly at least
function with one button to page forward with the iPad so I can still use them for rehearsals and gigs (and have to page back manually). The other button I alwas used for paging back just sends the volume signal which indeed isn't processed by MSP under iOS.
(05-02-2023, 05:33 PM)fett.nei Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 10:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I wanted to post an update to this - due to more and more users asking me about these shutter controls, I'm going to see if I can monitor volume changes in the iPadOS version and translate these to key press events myself so that they can be used to trigger pedal actions. If it works, then it will be possible to use these in the iPadOS version like a pedal.

Mike

Hey Mike,

That would be an ingenious solution. For example, an ordinary bluetooth media remote control could be used for the turn over.

Bernd

Hi Mike,

can you already estimate when the update might come? I am really looking forward to it.

Bernd
Those changes are already in place. If you update to version 3.8.4, you should be able to use volume up/down controls with the pedal actions.

Mike
(06-11-2023, 05:35 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Those changes are already in place. If you update to version 3.8.4, you should be able to use volume up/down controls with the pedal actions.

Mike

Mike - there is only one word to say about this: Wonderful!!!

Works lfine. Exactly how I imagined it. Thank you very much!
You are very welcome! I'm glad the idea worked out in the end so that I could support the volume controls.

Mike
Hi Mike, there is one small thing that still bothers me: my music player remote control has a total of 5 buttons: Volume up, Volume down, Play/Pause, Next and Previous.
I use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to control switching in MSP. That works great. However, if I accidentally press a button that is not configured, the switching function no longer works. Then, i have to close MSP completely and restart it. After that, the shift function works properly again.

Do you have an idea to solve this?