• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use companion with Keyboard
Is there any chance, that the Companion will ever support keyboard usage?
I've been using it for years now and still I can't confirm changes with "Enter" and can't even cancel them with "Esc".
All the time I have to switch back and forth between mouse and keyboard. 
I can't even open a song for editing with the keyboard.
I use the keyboard to scroll up and down and select a song ... and then I have to take the mous to open it with a double click.
The menus aren't accessible with shortcut keys (Alt+<letter>) either.
I have always loved the mobile sheets app on Android (at least until version 3.1.x, which I had until today) and I don't know a better replacement for paper sheets, but this has always annyoed me from the start.
So it depends what changes you are trying to confirm with enter. There are some dialogs where enter is used to confirm other things, like when entering metadata in the song editor dialog. So I don't want enter just saving the changes there, because it's far too easy to accidentally trigger it and close the dialog. I can certainly look into having enter confirm other things - you just need to let me know what dialogs or places in the UI in particular. No other user has brought this up before (at least that I can remember), so that's why nothing has been done about it. As far as other keyboard shortcuts, I'm going to be switching the companion app over to a cross-platform framework, so when I do that work, I can look into supporting that.

Mike