• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Page in Landscape Orientation?
Hello,

I have two Android e-readers, and I would like to use Mobilesheet with the dual page function. I see in the manual that it is only possible in portrait orientation. But half of my organ scores and all my four-hand piano scores for only are available in landscape orientation. Is the dual page in landscape mode in the list of future improvements?
Luc
What exactly do you mean when you say you can't use landscape with the book mode feature? You can rotate the device into landscape and set the page scaling mode to "Fit Width" and then you can scroll the page up or down if needed.

Mike
Sorry, I’ve misunderstood. In the manual, page 72, I see: ‘The two-page display mode is only available in landscape orientation.’ I now don’t understand why the portrait orientation isn’t possible and I'm wondering if this limitation could be removed in the future. Thanks.
Luc
That limitation was removed at some point (I can't remember exactly when). So you can use the two page display mode in portrait if you so desire. It's a little strange to do that on most devices though...

Mike
(04-24-2023, 08:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That limitation was removed at some point (I can't remember exactly when). So you can use the two page display mode in portrait if you so desire. It's a little strange to do that on most devices though...

Mike

I probably misspoke. My intention is to use two synchronised devices. I assume that in this case I can orient them in portrait or landscape positions. Can you confirm this for me? Thanks in advance.
Luc
If you enable the "Book Mode" option when using the "Connect Tablets" feature, then you can use your devices in portrait or landscape. I tested this and it worked for me on both tablets.

Mike
Many thanks.
Luc
I have one last question regarding book mode. Of the many synchronization settings between devices, which would be the most suitable to merge pen insciptions written on one device and the other?
Luc
You can't use the sync library feature to merge annotations at the moment. It will overwrite the annotations on one device with the annotations from the other device. There is no way around this. There are no options for merging annotations in MobileSheets right now - this is one of the limitations of the current book mode implementation. My recommendation is if you have annotations you need to push from one device to the other, have one device embed the annotations in the annotations editor, then sync with the option to prompt the user for decision, and you can choose to keep the annotations on the first device, but use the file from the second device. That will effectively merge the annotations. I do plan to make this all easier once I have time to update the book mode feature to automatically push across annotations from one device to the other.

Mike
Hello Mike,

Haven't you planned to add dual page annotation synchronisation yet?
Luc
I haven't had time to work on it yet. It's scheduled for early next year (hopefully in January but I never know what roadblocks I'll encounter), as I know it's important for users who utilize the book mode feature. I know it's been a while since I discussed it - I've just been working through a lot of other feature requests. This is asked for less than some other things I've added, but it's still near the top of the list.

Mike