• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incipits
Another newbie enjoying this powerful app! I am a fiddle player and use "cheat sheets" for gigs. My sheets are usually about two columns and ten rows. Each cell contains an incipit of the title and  first two measures of the tune. I arrange them in set list / medley order. The first few notes of a tune is all I need. I tried accomplishing this with snippets but end up with a large image that I can not paste into another app like a text editor. I don't know how I did it but was able to save the snippet as a new tune with "snip" added to the file name. However, even if I put them into a set list, I'm unable to display or print them onto one page. Is there a way for me to accomplish this???

Attached Files
.pdf   Concertina Quick List 4:17.pdf (Size: 41.32 KB / Downloads: 8)
I have a little bit of confusion around some of what you are trying to do and the issues you are encountering, so this may require a little back-and-forth. So, using your quick list as an example, are you trying to extract the title and first two measures of each entry and put those each into individual songs? Are you then wanting to display those songs in a setlist? If you use the vertical scrolling display mode, that would be possible, as each song could just be a small section of the page and then they will be stacked vertically. There will be a gap between each page though as I don't currently support a way to remove the gap (that will be added in the future). If that is your goal, this is the way you would accomplish it.

1) Long press your song on the songs tab that contains the full list of titles and measures. Then tap "Copy Song"
2) Rename the copy of the song to the first title, go to the files tab, tap the cropping icon at the bottom right and then crop the page to only contain the first title and measure. 
3) Tap OK to save the cropping, and OK again to save the song.
4) Repeat these steps for every other song

This will then give you a list of songs all using the same file, but cropped to use different sections of the page. As mentioned, if you then use the vertical scrolling display mode, all the pages will be stacked vertically on the screen when loading a setlist.

Mike
Thank you Mike. You did understand my request. Without the ability to remove the space, or paste the incipits onto a single sheet, there's really no point. I can scroll the entire song as easily as I would be able to scroll the cropped image. Thank you for your time and brain power to consider my request though!