• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add set list name to piece title display?
I observe that it is not possible to include the name of a set list In piece titles using the fields provided by piece title formatting feature.

Is there a workaround I could use? 

Thanks
Some of my songs/pieces may be in 20+ setlists (I tend to start/finish gigs with the same songs)

Obviously, for me, allowing Setlist names in the titles is meaningless and I suspect that the length of this field is why Mike doesn't cater for it.

If you really want this, you could manually enter the Setlist name into the CUSTOM field and use that in the title display.
However, I think you would find this a pain as you increase the size of your library

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may find that making use of the filters may help you pick songs for a setlist e.g. put all performance ready songs into a new collection (a song can be in more than one collection) and filter on that collection.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(04-30-2023, 03:16 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Some of my songs/pieces may be in 20+ setlists (I tend to start/finish gigs with the same songs)

Obviously, for me, allowing Setlist names in the titles is meaningless and I suspect that the length of this field is why Mike doesn't cater for it.

If you really want this, you could manually enter the Setlist name into the CUSTOM field and use that in the title display.
However, I think you would find this a pain as you increase the size of your library

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may find that making use of the filters may help you pick songs for a setlist e.g. put all performance ready songs into a new collection (a song can be in more than one collection) and filter on that collection.

Cheers
Geoff

Thanks for the answer, which is "you could manually enter the Setlist name into the CUSTOM field and use that in the title display" 

I don't know if you realize how condescending your tone is. Nevertheless your prompt reply is helpful.
Glad I could be of help.

I didn't mean to be condescending and I'm sorry you took it that way.
I was just giving you an example of why the keyword might not be supported, a way that you could get around it the limitation and a suggestion that filters might help you.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Appreciated.
There are a few reasons why I chose not to have setlists handled like all the other grouping types. With the way the database is structured, songs don't know which setlists they are a part of, whereas they do know what collections, genres, etc, they are a part of. So this makes it tedious to try to support having the setlist listed as part of the song title formatting, because when the song title is generated, there isn't a direct way to look up every setlist that the song is a part of. However, all of this is a somewhat artificial limitation, as I could still cache information about setlists in songs to make that formatting possible. So I may consider doing this at some point if I get enough feedback indicating that users would like to include setlists with the formatted titles and/or captions.

Mike
For me, a setlist is a temporary, ordered list for a particular gig/concert. I normally delete them after the event. Could you elaborate why you want the titles shown as there may be other workarounds/solutions
(04-30-2023, 06:03 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: there isn't a direct way to look up every setlist that the song is a part of. However, all of this is a somewhat artificial limitation, [...] So I may consider doing this at some point if I get enough feedback indicating that users would like to include setlists with the formatted titles and/or captions.

Thank you Mike.