• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coding and/or synchronizing data like collections?
I format all my songs on the computer and transfer them to tablets using Companion. I've tried various ways to include Collections, Setlists, and Genres in the files, but they don't transfer to the tablets. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Vicki
If they are ChordPro files, you should be able to use meta directives:

{meta collection: ...}
{meta setlist: ...}
{meta genre: ...}
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Ah, thank you! I will try that. I didn't find the "meta" part in the manual.
(05-01-2023, 12:17 AM)CaliaMoko Wrote: Ah, thank you! I will try that. I didn't find the "meta" part in the manual.

Well, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can't see what I'm doing differently. It may be a lost cause....
I believe it's only processed when you first import the files (or if you reimport and update the existing song). If you are just editing the chord pro file, the meta fields will not be reparsed. I'm not sure if that's related to what you are seeing. If you believe some of the fields are not being processed, please provide one of the files that isn't working for you.

Mike
I will try deleting the songs and then importing them again to see if that fixes it. I thought I had tried that but my memory is not dependable, so I'll make sure. Thanks!
Yes, metadata are processed when the song is imported, not when the song is refreshed.

It makes sense... For example, you import a song that has {key:A}. The key is, however, not A but F#m so you change that in MSPro. Later, on the PC, you fix some lyrics and upload the song. Should the key stay F#m or (re)set according the {key:A} in the song file?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I must not have tried that, because when I carefully make sure I've deleted the songs off the tablets first and then transfer them on again, it works! Thank you!!