• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help with testing chord pro pango syntax
I've been busy working on all of the changes for the new chord pro features, and I've finished the implementation for the pango markup syntax support. It's now possible to provide coloring, styling, etc for individual sections of a line. For example, you can enter statements such as:

[A]<span color="red">Hello [Bm]World!</span>

[A]<span color="red">Hello [*<span color="green">Coda</span>]World!</span>

<b>This is bold</b> <i>while this is italic</i>

The first line would color "Hello World!" red, but the chord placed above it would use the chord colors specified in MobileSheets. The second example shows how you can use chord pro annotations (which are positioned like chords) with the pango markup syntax. The third statements hows the shortcuts for making a section bold or italic. The main chord pro website on the pango markup covers all of the supported options well: https://chordpro.org/chordpro/pango_markup/. You can also look at the main documentation: https://docs.gtk.org/Pango/pango_markup....ngo-markup. I decided to support a few things in MobileSheets like the accumulating baseline_shift that may work differently in the reference chord pro implementation. I also always use convenience mode so values are assumed to be in points for things like font sizes. 

Due to the large amount of changes that had to be made for this (which significantly changed all of the measurement logic), I'm looking for some volunteers to help test out the changes before the next update. I'm also working on other changes for chord grids and chord diagrams that are not included in this test build. If anyone would like to help test this on an Android device that purchased through Google Play, please either message me on the forum or send an email to mike@zubersoft.com. I greatly appreciate the help. 

Thanks,
Mike
You can count on me with everything regarding ChordPro. I already have a number of ChordPro files that are using Pango, ChordGrids and ABC. Currently I use them to create PDFs with Sciurius' reference implementation and import them into MSP. It would be great if MSP could show them directly and I will be happy to help testing.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thank you - just sent you an email with the link to the build.

Mike
I'd be happy to help test the new chordpro functions.

Is there a way to run the beta version along with the stable release?
Unfortunately, no, but I can certainly upload a beta version of MobileSheetsTrial which you could test separately from the paid version, although you'd be limited to just eight songs. However, if you mainly just want to test out a few files, that should work, so let me know if you'd like to do that, otherwise I can send you the link for the beta build.

Mike
(05-10-2023, 05:25 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, no, but I can certainly upload a beta version of MobileSheetsTrial which you could test separately from the paid version, although you'd be limited to just eight songs. However, if you mainly just want to test out a few files, that should work, so let me know if you'd like to do that, otherwise I can send you the link for the beta build.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Sounds fine to try out a beta trial build for up to 8 songs. Looking forward to it.

Best!