• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow page turning
Hi All !
I haven't been here for a while as all is working well..., but...
A friend just bought the same HW I have and installed the latest MS.
All is well except the page turning which with a pedal takes at least 2 seconds before it reacts.
Page turning on the screen is fine.
I don't understand, all I can see is exactly like on my machine.  His pedal works fine on my machine and my pedal has the same problem on his machine.
So the problem is related to his computer, but what could it be?
We are using a USB-cabled pedal, not bluetooth.  Win10, latest update.
I am out of ideas where to look to solve this problem, who can help me?
Best,
Don
Il ne faut pas rouler vite... il faut freiner tard
I'd like you to try something on their tablet - turn off bluetooth and WiFi and see if the page turning suddenly triggers properly. If that doesn't help, is the pedal the only thing connected to the tablet? You can also try disabling other features in MobileSheets like MIDI to see if something is conflicting with the tablet.

Mike
(05-08-2023, 05:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'd like you to try something on their tablet - turn off bluetooth and WiFi and see if the page turning suddenly triggers properly. If that doesn't help, is the pedal the only thing connected to the tablet? You can also try disabling other features in MobileSheets like MIDI to see if something is conflicting with the tablet.

Wifi and bluetooth are off (the user is electro-sensitive and lives where there is no cell-phone reception etc. For that reason USB pedal.)
There is no other HW connected to the tablet.
I will try turning off midi.
Are there possibly problems with certain drivers or such?
These are longshots

Compare your power saving settings to see if they are the same.

Also worth checking that his USB port doesn't get put to sleep when power saving (unlikely as the saving period is unlikely to be that short)

Check to see if the manufacturer has an updated USB driver 

Check the pc has the latest BIOS

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Can you try connecting a standard computer keyboard and press the page down key? I just want to know if that has the same delay.

Thanks,
Mike
Could be that the page turns not when the button is pressed but when it is released. Some also have a configurable debounce which could be wrong.
I now have the compi in front of me and am really stumped.
I have updated all SW.
I have turned off all instances of power management that might turn off power, in all the drivers, USB etc.
The USB port never sleeps.
Have tried with and without wifi and bluetooth.
I have discovered that this is a problem for all USB keyboard input, also to other programs.  So it is not a problem of MobileSheets.
Could it be that the USB and/or keyboard drivers are incorrectly installed?
If I remove the drivers will they be reinstalled automatically ?
I don't really want to wipe and reinstall everything as this is a new compi just after the first installation and updates.
There are numerous articles that talk about keyboard input lag (i.e. https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-fix-keyboard-lag/), but I'm not sure if any of the suggestions will help you. One person said that Razor Cortex caused their issues, which was fixed after uninstalling it. Another person said Windows Defender was the cause due to the real-time monitoring process. So there are a couple of things you can try with that. 

Mike
Thanks Mike for that link.
It is working now, it was some setting in the typing setup.
I don't know which one as I just turned off all the so called "helps".
Best,
Don