• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland XP 80 not talking to Mobile Sheets
Hi, I have Roland XP 80 which is connected to my PC via Roland Um One Midi interface cable.

In the past I used to be able to program the Roland XP to turn the pages in Mobile Sheets using some custom buttons on the Roland.

I would choose pedal actions in Mobile Sheets...press keyboard buttons and could program it fine. 

.however since building a new PC this no longer works.

Here is what I have tried:

The Pedal Actions work fine if I use a regular USB keyboard..I can program any key to turn pages...but I'd like to use the buttons on top of my XP80.

In the Midi Settings I have chosen 'UM One' as a Midi input.
I have tried the generic and Genos Midi type

However pressing any button on the Roland..Mobile Sheets does not recognise it.

In the software Gig Performer I use for my vsts there is a Midi Monitor..when I press the buttons it says:

0     UM One CC 0 Bank Select : 80 Channel 1
0     UM One CC 32 (fine) Bank Select : 0 Channel 1
1     UM One Program Change 63 Channel 1

However Mobile Sheets doesn't seem to like any of that.

I've tried looking through settins on the Roland...there are options to change Midi Channel...and references to TX RX on etc.
Have tried everything I can think of.

Meanwhile..when I press the Roland buttons..I can see Gig Performer responds quite happily..

Can anyone think of what I can try? Thanks!
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. Have you verified that there is no conflict between running both GigPerformer and MobileSheets at the same time? I just want to verify there isn't some kind of MIDI conflict going on, because I have no idea why you would receive messages in Gig Performer, but not in MobileSheets. Also, just to verify, if you go to the Songs tab, tap New, go to the MIDI tab, tap the last icon on the right to bring up the MIDI listen dialog and then you press the button on the Roland, are you seeing no messages at all in MobileSheets? If you see messages displayed, we should be able to get this to work for you. You'll just need to go to Settings->MIDI Settings->MIDI Actions and you should be able to map a series of MIDI messages to a particular command you want to trigger.

Mike
(05-29-2023, 04:14 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. Have you verified that there is no conflict between running both GigPerformer and MobileSheets at the same time? I just want to verify there isn't some kind of MIDI conflict going on, because I have no idea why you would receive messages in Gig Performer, but not in MobileSheets. Also, just to verify, if you go to the Songs tab, tap New, go to the MIDI tab, tap the last icon on the right to bring up the MIDI listen dialog and then you press the button on the Roland, are you seeing no messages at all in MobileSheets? If you see messages displayed, we should be able to get this to work for you. You'll just need to go to Settings->MIDI Settings->MIDI Actions and you should be able to map a series of MIDI messages to a particular command you want to trigger.

Mike

Thanks Mike.. I discovered the solution was actually very simple! I was thinking about it the wrong way! I was trying to program the shortcut within the page turning shortcuts.. so hence that is not meant to work via midi. Instead I needed to use the midi actions feature.. and that works a treat! Also discovered that I can now program other useful features too.. like mapping the song select list. I'm using your software in combination with the gigging program 'Gig Performer' Your software along with this is a powerful combination which means I can simply play through a gig with all patch changes happening with a click of a button. Thanks so much! Brilliant software!
I'm glad to hear you got it all working! I had wondered if you might be looking at the wrong area when you mentioned pedal actions, so I'm happy to hear it was just a simple adjustment to switch to the MIDI actions instead.

Mike