• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select Setlist > Share > Share Files > [crash]
Running the latest iPad version on MacBook Air M2. Here are the settings used:

Setlist (mostly for my reference): "?Perkasie First Friday 2023-06-02 (Bossa/Jana) - band"

Repeatable every time.

Thanks in advance!
Also tried:

Select Setlist > Share > Export Files > Local File > [settings shown below] > OK

and the resulting dialog shows "Move 0 Items" as the button. Pressing it results in no output. 

So I don't appear to have any way to share charts at the moment.

The only thing I think I've done differently today is that I was very happy to discover that MS allows me to edit the Title of song, so I changed a few. Eg, I changed "Quiet Nights" to "Corcovado" so that it matches the other Corcovado charts I have alphabetically. And I changed "Girl From Ipanema, The", which imported from the index I found online, to put the "The" at the beginning. I'm only mentioning this in case it might be a hint.

Thanks!

One more note...

I just synced this MacBook to my iPad, and the rename of the Title to "Corcovado" that I mentioned above did not sync over. So that could be a sync issue, but I mention it here in case it's related to this crash.

Thanks!
I just tried re-titling "Corcovado" back to "Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars", but that didn't fix the sharing/exporting problem.
Another update:

If I UNCHECK all of:

1. Export with cropping
2. Export with rotation
3. Join into one PDF

Then the button changes to "Move 23 Items" (rather than "Move 0 Items"). That appears to be working, except, of course, that I lose those features. If I enable any one of those checkboxes, then it goes back to "0".

I don't recall doing any rotating, but I do plenty of cropping.
I will try to see if I can reproduce the issues you've mentioned. I've been fixing a lot of issues over the last couple weeks as I've been working on the new chord pro functionality, so I have a lot of bug fixes lined up for the next update. I'll have to check to see if I already fixed any bugs with exporting.

Thanks,
Mike
So I'm finally following up on this as I'm getting ready to release the next update. However, I was not able to reproduce any sharing issues at the moment. Can you please select your setlist that isn't exporting properly, tap Share->Export songs and files and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft? If it's too large, you'll probably have to share a Dropbox link. I can then test out the same settings you listed to see if the problem occurs for me. I've been testing on my iPad, but I can repeat the tests on my MacOS device.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks!!

I just emailed you a dropbox link. It's >140MB. 

I have been busy making a lot of changes to this setlist and the files in it, but I did just confirm that it still crashes. (And the Export Files still does "Move 0 Items").

I did rename the exported .MSF because it seemed like Dropbox might have been having trouble uploading it. I thought maybe the leading emoji or something else might be messing that upload up. But that might have been a false alarm. Anyway, this is just a sidebar.

Thanks!
I'm going to share a related issue. Since it MIGHT be related to this one, I'll add it here rather than open another thread.

If I take the same setlist "?Perkasie First Friday 2023-06-02 (Bossa/Jana) - band" (that ? is an emoji) and then:

select the setlist > share > export files > local file > uncheck cropping > check join into one PDF (keep annotations / iOS compatible on, rotation off...) > OK

then the file that gets exported is titled "Jana) - band.pdf". So it obviously doesn't like the / character. Probably confusing it with a path delimiter. But slashes are useful characters to use, and the rest of the app seems to handle them fine. 

Thanks in advance!
The problem appears to be that you have a forward slash in the title of your song which is messing up the file path that MobileSheets is trying to save out. I will have to modify the code to ensure that all forward slashes are stripped out of the song title.

Thanks,
Mike
Okay, related issue.

I have another setlist: "☕️Blues, Brews, BBQ - 2023-06-16 - Band". This one crashes with:

Quote:Select Setlist > Share > Export Files > Local File 

I have already removed slashes and colons from these song names, but that didn't help. 

I found that if Annotations is checked, it crashes. But that's a deal breaker, because I need the annotations in there to share with the band. 

Is there a workaround I can use until this is fixed?

Thanks in advance! Practice is Sunday so I'm kind of stressed!
UPDATE:

I synced from this MacBook (where the previous issue occurred) to my iPad and then tried it from there. That appears to have exported the files fine with annotations. 

I noticed that the order was weird, and I think it might be because I had the "Use song page ordering for exported files" checked. But then when I uncheck that, the export crashes. 

So there's definitely a difference between MacBook and iPad. But there's also a couple of different checkboxes affecting the results here.

Thanks in advance!
I seem to have no issues exporting files with annotations regardless of what options are selected. This is testing with the .msf file you sent me. Please test this with version 3.8.0 (which is now available) and let me know if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:I seem to have no issues exporting files with annotations regardless of what options are selected. This is testing with the .msf file you sent me. Please test this with version 3.8.0 (which is now available) and let me know if you are still seeing issues.

First of all, thanks for the update! I see fixes in there for things I reported!

I'm now running 3.8.0 on MacBook. It still crashes if I uncheck "Use song page ordering for exported files". It seems this is not the same issue that I started the thread with (and which you fixed): handling slashes. And this is also not the same playlist, and includes different songs. 

I'll email you a link of the new .msf. It's almost 300MB :-) 

Thanks in advance!