• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import from MobileSheet
Hello,

Just purchased and installed the new MS Pro on my tablet Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.

Is there a way to IMPORT all the songs database from the previous version of MobileSheet?

Thanks, best.
I did a backup in the green mobielsheets version and restored that to MSP.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
(06-27-2015, 10:36 PM)Vibraphon Wrote: I did a backup in the green mobielsheets version and restored that to MSP.

Thanks a lot, good idea!
Error report: I was not able to export the library to the SD Card from MS (green). It gives error. I had to export on the internal memory.
(06-28-2015, 05:57 PM)maestralien Wrote: Error report: I was not able to export the library to the SD Card from MS (green). It gives error. I had to export on the internal memory.

Yes - we are aware of this. It's not an MS problem, it's related to the way later Android versions handle the writing of files to an external card (supposedly as a security measure, but it has caused all sorts of problems with older apps and I hope it's a limitation that will not be implemented on later versions).

In cases like yours, it's probably easiest to do the backup to the internal memory first.

Then, when importing into MSP, you can select the external card directory to which to write all your files. Note, however, that you must use the default directory as specified in Settings | Storage | Set the Mobile Sheets Storage Location | SD - you can't make one of your own choosing, it won't work.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here