• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha MD-BT01, Android 13, Genos
A long time user of MSP I have successfully used a Samsung Pro 12" android tablet with Android 5 and USB OTG cable to select songs from tablet to Yamaha Genos and vice versa.

Recently I upgraded to Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ with Android 13 and am trying to use a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adapter instead of USB cable. Pairing the adapter to the tablet was OK but then it wanted an app and was not seen by MSP. However, using the app called "Midi Connector - RTP, USB, BLE" from Google Play Store I now have reliable song selection from Genos to the S8+ tablet. What I can't achieve is the reverse direction as it appears I can't open the send port.

Reading through the forum there appears to be mixed results with Android. Has anyone been able to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 successfully and if so what app are they using to enable bi-directional operation?

BTW, thanks to Mike for having developed and continues to support MSP. On a regular basis I enjoy its functionality and ease of use, just hoping I can get the wireless part working to save keep plugging in a USB cable to the new tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+, Android 13, MobileSheetsPro, MobileSheets Companion, Airturn ATFS-2 Bluetooth Dual Pedals, Clavinova CVP-709PE, Yamaha Genos

Messages In This Thread
Yamaha MD-BT01, Android 13, Genos - by ExmouthUK - 06-13-2023, 12:38 AM