• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
documentation on Sorting Numerically?
Hi folks!

I can't seem to find documentation or discussion in the forum on:

Collection > Sort > Numerically

It doesn't seem to behave differently than Alphabetically, but I really don't know what it's designed to do. So I'd like to understand how this feature works.

But I'll also explain what I'm trying to do. One group I play with does Sinatra stuff, and Sinatra has a number for every song, and the leader calls out songs by number. So I renamed those songs with the number to the left of the song name so that I could sort the Setlist or Collection and quickly find songs by name. So "Fly Me To The Moon" is now "01-Fly Me To The Moon".

But for all non-Sinatra playing I do, having the leading number is just annoying and ruins natural sorting. Ie, I'd really like "01-Fly Me To The Moon" to sort as "F" in most contexts. 

I thought I read somewhere that the Numerical sort feature would find the number, even if it wasn't on the left hand of the song name, and sort by it. But a simple test of trying something like "Fly Me To The Moon-01" put this at the bottom of the list of songs that still had the digits on the left hand side.

Feedback and info welcome! Thanks!

Dave

Messages In This Thread
documentation on Sorting Numerically? - by reggoboy - 02-21-2024, 11:13 AM