• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing columns other than Title
Hi again,

you sound a little bit offended and defensive. No need to. Neither offense was intended or taken by me. Of course every suggestion is welcome on the board.

Maybe my choice of word "impracticable" wasn't the best though. What I meant was that (AFAICS) your suggestion probably requires quite a bit of change in the code since such "spreadsheet sorting" with columns hasn't been implemented in MSP anywhere so far.

But of course that's something Mike has to consider and decide. Believe me, I have quite a few suggestions myself somewhere way down on Mike's todolist which are dear to me but probably not of much interest for other users.

So it's certainly only my opinion that the amount of change necessary might not be in proportion to the benefits (for all users). Also I didn't dismiss it without offering other ways or workarounds already in MSP to achieve what you describe.

If you need to find all the "Mozart" entries in your setlist (or rather collection), did you actually try typing "Mozart" in the filter bar. I reckon you need only type the first three letters to have all you need filtered and displayed in your collection to find it as fast as with tsorting and scrolling. 

Thanks anyway for explaining your reasons for the suggestion.

Messages In This Thread
Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-12-2021, 07:02 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-12-2021, 09:28 PM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by BRX - 07-13-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-13-2021, 03:28 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by BRX - 07-13-2021, 05:20 AM
RE: Missing columns other than Title - by LtB - 07-14-2021, 07:26 AM