• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export PDF via Companion?
Zuberman: f you are just looking for a mechanism to have the companion app copy the file from the tablet, I should be able to do that without too much effort.

Mike, That's all I desire. I create my PDFs on a PC (one song per PDF, careful scanning, saved as pure black-and-white, straightened, cropped, partial pages merged, etc). Then I use Companion to copy the PDF files from PC to tablet. I don't use MSP for any editing or adjustment of the files, so there's no need for MSP to generate a new file in any format.

All I want to do is sometimes copy the PDF files from tablet to PC, essentially allowing two-way file transfer. This would be helpful to do all MSP file management in Companion on the PC, not jumping over to the tablet for some things.

On the bigger wish list, the ideal enhancement would be two-way synchronization (loosely defined), on a selected batch of files. Provide an action where MSP Companion updates all the tablet files to match a specified PC folder, AND/OR updates all the PC folder files to match the tablet. Update means copy non-existent files, and for existing files compare same files names, selecting newer date-time, skipping identical files. Perhaps provide control of overwrite, or option to overwrite, create copy, or skip. And perhaps provide the ability to delete a destination file if it doesn't exist in source (either direction).

These are just thoughts about rounding-out MSP file management via Companion. Batch action is helpful because I have thousands of songs (and growing).
-- John

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900) Android 5.1.1

Messages In This Thread
Export PDF via Companion? - by musichawk - 08-18-2016, 06:31 AM
RE: Export PDF via Companion? - by Skip - 08-18-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Export PDF via Companion? - by musichawk - 08-18-2016, 07:02 AM
RE: Export PDF via Companion? - by Zubersoft - 08-25-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Export PDF via Companion? - by musichawk - 08-30-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: Export PDF via Companion? - by Zubersoft - 09-05-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Export PDF via Companion? - by musichawk - 09-05-2016, 08:11 AM