• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro: AUTO-SIZE FONT failure
I came across a ChordPro song where AUTO-SIZE FONT goes badly wrong.
MSP 2.8.6 on Android calculates the font size too big, so that a part of the chords is rendered past the right edge of the page, see screenshots.
MSP 2.8.3 and 2.8.7 on Win10 calculate the font size too small.
I admit that the song file example is pretty unusual, but that should not prevent automatic font size to be calculated correctly.
A workaround exists: The font size can easily be corrected manually.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pro   CaseyJones_SHe.pro (Size: 259 bytes / Downloads: 1)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I think the right image (Windows 10 I assume) is correct, because it stretched the chord line as far as it could go without causing wrapping. That's how the feature is designed. The Android side is definitely wrong so I'll have to look into that.

Mike
Looks like I'm going to have to test on a range of Android devices. The first test on my Samsung Tab S4 worked perfectly - it looks exactly like the image on the right.

Mike

UPDATE:
2nd test on my HTC 10 phone looks correct too. Are you seeing the incorrect auto-sizing just after import or after tapping the auto-size font button in the text display settings? 

Thanks,
Mike
The screenshot CaseyJones_expected.png on the right was taken on the same pretty old tablet Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 with Lyric Size and Chord Size set manually.
On Win10, as already written, the fonts are calculated too small, see attached screenshot.
I'm talking about clicking the button "Auto-Size Font" in the "Text Display Settings" window.
On Win10 I have to click the button twice to make it work, on Android it works on the first click.
The issue is fully reproducible.
The song file is pretty old, so I assume it worked correctly a while ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de