• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Layer and snippets issues
A few problems related to the layers window and snippets applying to both of my tablets  (listed with my signature):

1. The layers window doesn't refresh until annotation mode is exited and re-entered. So any new elements or pasted snippets don't show up.

2. Snippets always paste underneath all existing annotations even they are listed at the bottom of the list in the layers window so I have no way to cover any annotations
, only the pdf page itself.

. For the same reason selecting pasted snippets is very difficult when there are other annotations in the area.

4. The current layer is supposed to show its name in green but sometimes selecting another layer doesn't deselect the previous one.

5. I would suggest to make the current layer name bold specially because in the e-ink tablet the selected layer name doesn't show because is always black.

6. We can't change the order of the layers. The arrows on the status line only allows you to change the order of the items within the layer which I don't find it very useful. 

7. I assume that the only way to move elements from one layer to another is to copy them and then paste in the new layer?

8. In general (not only with snippets) trying to identify an annotation in the list is almost impossible and a trial and error task. Ideally one should be able to rename some elements with meaningful names if need be to quickly find them.  This is specially necessary when some elements overlap others and it's hard to select them on screen.

Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal

Messages In This Thread
Layer and snippets issues - by palosanto - 01-06-2021, 07:12 AM
RE: Layer and snippets issues - by Zubersoft - 01-08-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: Layer and snippets issues - by palosanto - 01-08-2021, 10:43 AM
RE: Layer and snippets issues - by Zubersoft - 01-08-2021, 10:43 AM