• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets for string quartet
(01-25-2023, 07:22 AM)mdavej Wrote: I've used Mobile Sheets for a long time with my saxophone quartet. This is what has worked best for me.

- Each member has his/her own license and library of music, independent of mine aside from the names of the songs
- All song pdfs are stored on a shared cloud drive for easy imports/updates from which each member is responsible for downloading into his/her own Mobile Sheets
- All the songs for the quartet belong to certain Collections (Sax Quartet, Sax Quartet Wedding, Sax Quartet Holiday, etc.)
- The leader (me) builds set lists by filtering by collection and selecting each song from the list. Even for a 3 hour set with ~40 tunes, this only takes a few minutes to build
- Each member builds his/her own set list manually from my master list. I don't attempt to share or copy this list since the songs files are all different besides the name since I keep each part as a separate pdf

Bottom line, the only shared resource is our cloud drive with the individual pdfs. Everything else is managed individually by each member.

This works best for me and my bandmates because each of us is in several different groups with different song libraries and have our own preferences for organizing and viewing songs and set lists.

For your member with bad eyesight, I don't think a single landscape page will be optimal. That will only show a few lines and will require constant page turns. I recommend normal portrait mode, half page turns and reading glasses.

Thank you for your insight. We allready have cloud with all the music, now that full digitalisation is happening I just need a bit of organising. WIll take your settings into consideration.

Regarding bad eyesight - she now needs to enlarge normal sheet music from a4 format to 117% of it, so she can read it good. It is some eye condition that is passed genetically, not normal badsightness. So puting it in landscape would enlarge it a bit mor if I was thinking it right.

Messages In This Thread
MobileSheets for string quartet - by Firemover - 01-24-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: MobileSheets for string quartet - by mdavej - 01-25-2023, 07:22 AM
RE: MobileSheets for string quartet - by Firemover - 01-25-2023, 09:41 AM
RE: MobileSheets for string quartet - by mdavej - 01-26-2023, 05:37 AM
RE: MobileSheets for string quartet - by Oz Cello - 01-25-2023, 09:26 AM
RE: MobileSheets for string quartet - by Oz Cello - 01-25-2023, 10:32 AM
MobileSheets for string quartet - by Firemover - 01-25-2023, 03:21 AM