• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup and restore not working
Just tried back and restore to a test tablet and none of the audio can be found or opened. Looks like all the graphic files are fine. I manually cleared all data in the target tablet. I Have a friend coming in town soon and he wants me load my files on his tablet as he plans to purchase MS.

My understanding is that the backup should include everything. Any ideas would be appreciated. My first thought was maybe the file paths are confused? Is there any other way to back up? I used the separate folders option if that matters. I have many hours invested and don't want to start over if I have a problem with the working database.

Otherwise 3.1 looks great. Thanks for dismissing the audio player with a single click.
Problem solved!

By changing the restore target settings to sd everything now works. All graphics and audio files are inside the correct folders. The problem apparently was related to internal memory as the target. Maybe that should not be an option?

I know the nomenclature is confusing across tablets - perhaps recommendations per tablet would be a good idea. In my case keeping data on sd is a good idea since MS is the primary purpose for the tablet. Should I remove a memory card I can still perform.

This was my last major concern with MS.

Thanks for a great tool for musicians.

Gary
I'm glad to hear you got it working Gary. It helps to know that the problems were related to internal storage as the destination path. I'm going to do some testing on my end to see if I can reproduce the errors.