• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist Question - parts of songs
Dear Forum,
I have some pdfs with multiple songs and/or instrument parts in it. Now I want to use only some pages from the pdf in a setlist for a concert. Is there a possibility to do this without splitting the pdf into little parts?

Thank you on advance! :⁠-⁠)
Select your multi page pdf > tap the screen center to bring up edit screen> tap the circle/down triangle >  > create snippet.
If you only need part of a page use the crop function.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Long press your song on the library screen to select it, tap "Copy Song" at the top of the screen to create a new song. Go to the Files tab, tap the page order field, and only add the pages you want to use from the PDF. Then you can use this copy of the song in your setlist. That would be my recommendation. Skip's suggestion to use the Create Snippet feature also works, as it effectively does the exact same thing.

Mike
Thanks for the fast reply!! :⁠-⁠)

Your solutions are both creating a new copy. So when I make some edits with a pencil I won't see them in the original file.This I wanted to avoid. I rather hoped to find a function more like a "shortcut" (like the whole setlist-function is working like a shortcut)

setlist with
Song1 (whole)
Song2 (page 4-6)
Song3 (page 2 & 7)

for example
Snippets use the original file (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5509) i.e. they just create a separate entry for it rather than a separate file.
(I think "Copy Song" also uses the original file.)

I would therefore expect any annotations to be available in the snippet (but I could be wrong)

Your example uses low page numbers so perhaps your pdf files only have a few songs in them.
Should there be many songs in the pdf then I would consider re-importing it again with an associated .csv file indicating the page numbers for each song. This will add separate name entries for each song in the single physical file; these can then be used in setlists.

To my mind the .csv route is really best when you know that the pdf is not subject to changes ie. the page numbers are constant.
One of my song books is frequently being updated. Rather than mucking about with a .csv file, I just print the required pages for each song to a pdf printer e.g. Cutepdf. These pdfs are then added in their own right. Doing this means that I can maintain my annotations on songs when the author updates the song book (slighty more file space but marginal)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(07-26-2023, 05:47 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Snippets use the original file (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5509) i.e. they just create a separate entry for it rather than a separate file.
(I think "Copy Song" also uses the original file.)

I would therefore expect any annotations to be available in the snippet (but I could be wrong)

Yes, they are available, but changes after I create the snippet are not shown in the original file and vice versa. For most cases this could be the best way, just in my case I would like to see them also when I use the original file and therefore I hoped there is like a page-shortcut in the setlist.

I use historical sheet music material with parts for example for violin and continuo in one file. But when I play a concert of course I only want to see my violin part skipping the continuo-page automatically.
Sounds as though your files have only 2 parts and that the continuo is at the start.
You could use link points to skip to violin part (it would mean another press when the song is first displayed)

Another possibility, if you don't need the continuo at the start when rehearsing, is to change the page ordering so that the violin part is shown first
(e.g. Long Press "Song 2" on a "list of songs", "Song Edit", "Files", set "Page Order" to "4-6,1-3" )

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Ah, no, it was just an example. There are often many more parts and in completely different order, or even different sonatas in one file. But thank you for your suggestions. I think I will have to deal with the snippets.