• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Large screen tablets
HI guys,

I've been searching for a while now for the best tablet specially for music sheet display.
I used to work with android but now I also consider the Ipad in my research as I believe that Forscore and MSP are quite equivalent (I used MS a few months ago but never Forscore, if you know more than me on this subject, please let me know).

The real question that matters to me is : which trablet offers the largest music sheet display?

Which is not the same than : which tablet has the largest screen?

Obviously,, between the two questions is the subject of the aspect ratio of the tablet.

I just wanted to let you know what are my conclusions on this sheet of paper I just scanned. (The data are in an excel file but I'm unable to make this graphic with excel!!)
Below is a file which displays how a A4 sheet would be displayed in the different screens mentionned. The actual screens sizes of the tablets are not drawn, but you can easily see that having a larger screen not necessarily means a bigger music sheet displayed.
The size of the file is A4.

It seems that the best is the HP Pro Slate 12. This can be explained by the fact that the aspect ratio of this tablet is 4/3, which is near of the A4 ratio.

So If  my decision is defenitely made on Android or ios, I wil go for this tablet, as we can see an A4 music sheet would be displayed 25cm x 17,7 cm which is approx 9,8in x 6,9 in.

http://www.cjoint.com/c/EGEryOHOaPW
As long as your prime requirement is size you have to go for an Android device, since large screen iPads currently don't exist. Alternatively a Windows machine running an Android emulator.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I have a Point of View - 13,3" Android tablet.
I somtimes use the HDMI output of this tablet to connect it to my large computer HDMI-screen.
For the man on the bass the 13,3" are large enough. I can take the 24" second screen because as a vibbraphon player I am far away from the screen.
The sheets are shown on both screens!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I´ve purchsed a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro SM-T900 with an 12.2 inch screen 8 weeks ago and I´ve used it daily since.
I´m happy with the device. The battery lasts more than a day. Everything works fine. 

Kind regards, Nachthorn
Finally some large Android tablet for conductors:
Samsung View 18.4 inch, Android 5.1, full HD, SD card slot, Bluetooth 4.1, battery provides up to 8 hours of video playback, 2.65kg.
I am an organist at my local church and also get called on quite a lot to play at our local crematorium. For a couple of years I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" but in the last couple of months the motherboard failed so I have moved to a lenovo yoga 2 pro tablet 13.3" which does allow a fairly readable two page view -- not a lot smaller that the pages of a church hymnal.
It's my understanding that several of the Android tablet makers are finally starting to make their tablets in the 4:3 aspect rather than the 16:9 (or is it 16:10?). \o/ YAH!!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time. It will be good to have a pdf that actually fits the screen! I hope they are released soon in the 13" versions.
(11-10-2015, 11:36 PM)Harper Wrote: It's my understanding that several of the Android tablet makers are finally starting to make their tablets in the 4:3 aspect rather than the 16:9 (or is it 16:10?).  \o/   YAH!!!!  I've been waiting for this for a long time.   It will be good to have a pdf that actually fits the screen!   I hope they are released soon in the 13" versions.

I'm also waiting for a slim 4:3 12+" Android tablet - if anyone knows one that's coming out before Christmas please let us know! Smile
Has anyone tried the new Samsung Galaxy View 18.4"tablet yet?
http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-view/
(11-15-2015, 01:52 AM)sejtam Wrote: Has anyone tried the new Samsung Galaxy View 18.4"tablet yet?
http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-view/

I hadn't heard of it - looks interesting as an option for viewing 2 pages at a time, but still 16:9 aspect ratio. Sad
The thicker part on the back may make it hard to put it on a music stand...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I'll likely test it out on a music stand next weekend using MibileSheetsFree. Just need to work out a way to load music onto the shop's tablet
yea, that stand looks like it is deal-breaker.

How about ViewSonic VSD241 http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-1920x108...41-WTA-US0

That even doubles as a HDMI monitor :-)
and again. VSD241has no battery, must use AC power. -> deal breaker. sigh.. nabi Big Tab 24? said to have limited battery....
(07-06-2014, 07:05 PM)Mark Wrote: I too have recently bought thefar Iate 21.  fororwas less than £200 delivered next-day direct from HP.  I can't believe the price for such a large screen tablet.  The screen is bright, and high-resolution so there is no problem reading two sheets of music side by side on the screen - which is what I wanted.  Very few page turns now required for the stuff I play.
At present mobile sheets doesn't support displaying two pdfs side by side, so I have just used my Nexus 5 phone and a pdf-producing app called MDScan to make a single pdf of pairs of sheets.
The only downside is that the tablet is as large as an opened music book, but unlike the book, doesn't fold for transport !  However, you only need one.
If you have an enormous amount of scanned music, you might need to add extra SD card or USB stick memory.  The Slate 21 comes with just 8 Gb of internal memory, although the PRO version ( £90 more ) has double this and also HDMI output.
Vintage Mark

I bought a hp slate 21 but it was far too heavy for any keyboard music stand