• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Location, Batch Import, Duplicate Song Names, Sheets Update
(10-11-2023, 10:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is correct. As far as the issue with book mode, what do you mean when you say you switch from "Book Mode to Follower Mode"? There isn't an option to do that in the settings at the moment... Or are you just saying you are disconnecting the leader, but the followers aren't responding correctly to the disconnect? The cell phone is going to use a fair amount more energy, but I can't give some kind of definitive measure as it depends on too many variables. I haven't measured the increased power consumption across different device models while using the "Connect Tablets" feature, so I can't accurately answer that question either, as it may vary significantly between different Android versions (and I support Android 4.0.3 all the way up to the latest). Your phone will not use any extra data so long as the other devices aren't trying to access the internet to download a bunch of stuff. You can go into the WiFi settings on each device and make sure your phone hotspot is set up as a Metered network (it's under Advanced when you tap on the settings for a particular WiFi network).

Mike

Thanks, all good now  Smile
(10-11-2023, 10:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is correct. As far as the issue with book mode, what do you mean when you say you switch from "Book Mode to Follower Mode"? There isn't an option to do that in the settings at the moment... Or are you just saying you are disconnecting the leader, but the followers aren't responding correctly to the disconnect? The cell phone is going to use a fair amount more energy, but I can't give some kind of definitive measure as it depends on too many variables. I haven't measured the increased power consumption across different device models while using the "Connect Tablets" feature, so I can't accurately answer that question either, as it may vary significantly between different Android versions (and I support Android 4.0.3 all the way up to the latest). Your phone will not use any extra data so long as the other devices aren't trying to access the internet to download a bunch of stuff. You can go into the WiFi settings on each device and make sure your phone hotspot is set up as a Metered network (it's under Advanced when you tap on the settings for a particular WiFi network).

Mike

Mike

Thanks again Mike for all your help.  I'm all good to use MS for my next gig now.  I do have one request that I think you said you don't have a solution yet but it would be a great help for me if something can be done to allow for the upload/import of either a text or CSV file that contain a list of song names with their matching tempo into the tempo meta database in Mobile Sheets so I don't have to enter it manually song by song as I have over 1000 songs that I like to add the tempo information to.

Also I have a Beat Buddy drum machine that accept MIDI commands and I like to test and see whether I can use Mobile Sheets to select the song in my drum machine to match up with the song sheet I'm viewing in Mobile Sheets.  I just need to select the song in the drum machine and nothing else.  Do you know what is the best way of connecting the 2 ie. PC/Android device and the MIDI drum machine and also how to add the MIDI command to the song sheet in Mobile Sheets and use it to select the matching song in my drum machine.
That's on my list of things to do. I'm just working through a large list of feature requests, so it may take some time before I can get to it.

As far as your question, using control change messages is what you should use with your beat buddy as mentioned in this forum post: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-8905.html

Long press a song on the library screen to select it, tap "Edit Song", go to the MIDI tab of the song editor, tap + and then add the command you want to send when the song is loaded. You can also use smart buttons to send MIDI commands if desired. 

Mike