• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easily hide page from song (useful for cuts)
Hey, longtime MobileSheets user and bigtime fan.
Impressively I think this is the first feature that I've looked for that's not there:

I play viola for a lot of pit orchestras (musicals), and have made a habit of scanning my music into MobileSheets to make instant page turns. Unfortunately this results in one large PDF file usually a couple hundred pages in size.
Most musicals I've been a part of, there's lots of cuts in the music, where we'll cut pages of music out of a song, or skip over songs entirely. AFAIK there is no easy way to remove or skip over those pages in MobileSheets... currently I edit the song and under the Files tab I manually edit the page order to remove the cut pages from the song. Which gets tricky quick, as once you remove one page, the page number on the scrollbar when you're playing the song no longer matches the page numbers in the file, which is what's referenced from the 'Page Order' setting.

Would be really awesome to have a 'cuts' menu where it's easy to reorder and hide pages in a song. Or just have a 'hide this page' option in the menu from the song you're playing. Would be just fine if 'hide this page' automatically changed the 'Page order' to hide the page.

Thanks!
Can't you just use link points to jump over sections of the file? (not sure if there is a limit on the number of link points)

Geoff
(I've never used them!)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Kyle - are you not using the new page order UI that was added somewhat recently? It lets you visually see thumbnails for all the pages and you can interact with the thumbnails to add/remove pages which updates the page order automatically. I can certainly consider adding an option somewhere to make it easier to remove a page though.

Mike
(12-06-2023, 11:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Kyle - are you not using the new page order UI that was added somewhat recently? It lets you visually see thumbnails for all the pages and you can interact with the thumbnails to add/remove pages which updates the page order automatically. I can certainly consider adding an option somewhere to make it easier to remove a page though.

Mike

Aha, no you're adding features so quick I hadn't even noticed it... last musical I removed pages from was such a pain I figured I was just gonna manually flip past the dead pages on this one.
Your new page order UI is AWESOME!! Don't even have to break up the PDF files any more to add/change songs in the middle of the song... this is very intuitive!

That being said, yes, a 'remove this page' option or just a shortcut to the new page UI from the overlay menu would still be great, but not such a big deal anymore. It would be helpful if the page previews on the new page order UI showed annotations as that would make it easy to see which pages are marked out by cuts. Still, this is much much better. Can't believe I missed this lol Smile
(12-06-2023, 08:42 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Can't you just use link points to jump over sections of the file? (not sure if there is a limit on the number of link points)

Geoff
(I've never used them!)

These look quite handy for jazz gigs... honestly didn't know this was a feature. Looks like it's only accessible thru that one button. At any rate, no this doesn't automatically skip/remap pages.
I can certainly look into rendering annotations in the future. I'll have to see how complicated it will be as the current code is quite simple - it just renders the thumbnails from the PDF without any modifications.

Mike