• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.8.37 annotations disappearing
I have a problem with the latest version. After making annotations and the annotator is closed annotations are no longer rendered properly. The page is blank. Skipping a few pages ahead and then back again, they are rendered again. Anyone else have this problem?
Surface Pro 8, i5, Windows 11
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Yes, I am seeing similar things with annotations on 3.8.37.

Already reported it to Mike by mail. 

Rudy
I'm going to fix this as soon as possible. I'll get an update released early next week. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Mike
Adding my request for help. Annotations disappear when edit mode times out, leaving me with the unmarked PDF. Re-entering edit mode by bringing stylus close to screen brings back annotations, but only briefly. Thank you.

Surface Pro 9, i5, Win 11, Donner pedal DBM-1
Another user said that tapping the screen to bring up the overlay and then tapping again to hide the overlay forces a refresh for them which redraws the annotations. I'm not sure if that is actually a workaround or not though. You could also use a two finger tap to trigger a zoom reset which may also force a redraw. Regardless, I'm going to work on getting it fixed as soon as possible.

Mike
Hi, I'm having this issue too, as well as 4 other members of my singing group. Make a marking, close the editing function and they aren't visible. When I use my pen to edit again, they all show up. This is hit and miss but keeps happening and worrying for a concert this evening!! Has there been an update and when will this be fixed?
I've had exactly the same issue and have a performance tonight with 4 other members who are experiencing this. Is there a timeline of when this will be fixed?
As mentioned earlier on this thread, I'm going to work on the issue today and tomorrow and I'll submit an update to Microsoft. Microsoft may or may not approve it on Monday - I don't have control over that. You can try using a two finger tap to reset the pan and zoom to cause a redraw to see if that works, or if you toggle Show Annotations off then back on, that should also fix the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I didn't see this issue at all on my devices (and still do not), but I've been sent files from users that may help me see the issue.

Mike
I have the same issue. Just a quick work around I found was to pinch zoom, then pinch zoom back out.   At least until the fix comes out.
I have fixed the issues so I'm going to try to submit an update tonight. Hopefully Microsoft will approve it quickly.

Mike
Annotations load ok, but after making new notations and closing annotation menu, all notations disappear and the music is clean.  The new annotations have been saved ok.  The only work around I have discovered is to reload the piece for the annotations to appear.
Please update to version 3.8.38 through the Microsoft Store and you'll no longer see that issue. The update was approved last night by Microsoft.

Mike
Your new update (3.8.38) seems to have taken care of the disappearing annotation problem. Thanks so much, Mike!!

Larry
Regrettably, I'm getting the problem on version 3.8.42.

Colin

Windows 10
Dell Latitude 3189
You are the first user to report any issues with the annotations after version 3.8.40, so I'm going to need a lot more information/details about exactly when you see the error occur, what display mode you are using, what settings you've changed from the defaults, etc. 

Mike