• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorrect display of "Chorus" for comment lines from chords (ChordPro format) on IOS
Example:
{c: [Fm] [|] [Db] [|] [Fm] [|] [Db] [|] [Fm] [|] [Db] [|] [Fm]}

For the comment lines in MobileSheets, I like to use the comment line as a chord line, as I can format it a little better than with normal song lines, where the spacing is set automatically.

However, the following text then appears on the screen:
Chorus:Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm

Ff I put text in front of the chords, it works
{c: Intro: [Fm] [|] [Db] [|] [Fm] [|] [Db] [|] [Fm] [|] [Db] [|] [Fm]}
Intro: Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm

If the length of the line is not sufficient and a line break occurs, the word Chorus also appears in the following line:

Example:
ChorusFm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db
Chorus| Fm| Db | Fm | Db | Fm | Db | Fm

I tested the same file on Android system. The error does not occur there.
I can't reproduce any of what you've described. If you go to Settings->About in MobileSheets, can you please verify you have version 3.8.36?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike

Yes, I have the current version 3.8.36 and also have screenshots of the wrong display. After I posted the article, I deleted the test file.
After your feedback I have now re-imported it and the display is fine. Sorry, I could have tried it before.
If this happens again, I will send you more data.

Thank you very much
Peter
That's really strange... definitely let me know if you see it again.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike

I can now reproduce the display error. In the example it is the song "Bömischer Traum". There is a remark line with chords under the remark:
{c:[Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Bb] [|] [*%] [|] [Ab] [|] [Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Bb] [|] [*%] [|] [Eb] [Bb] [|] [Eb]}

When I start MS, everything is fine. But if I browse through my songs and then go back to the d{c: [Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Bb] [|] [*%] [|] [Ab] [|] [Eb] [|] [Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Bb] [|] [*%] [|] [Eb] [Bb] [|] [Eb]}em song, the word Chorus is displayed in front of it.

On my Ipad Air 2 this happens if I only select about 5 to 6 more songs in between.
On my Iphone, I have to scroll through many more songs (approx. 30 - 40) until the same display error occurs.
If I close the MobileSheets task on the devices and restart, the error is no longer displayed until I have worked with it again for an appropriate amount of time.

I have made a short video about this and linked it.

https://www.livebandeifel.de/assets/down...yError.mp4

Many thanks and best regards

{title: Bömischer Traum}
{artist: Ernst Mosch}
{meta: collection Trötemänn}
{tempo: 120}
{meta: custom 003}
{c: Intro:  [Eb] [Bb] [|] [Eb] [*..-]}

{cb: 2 x Instrumental}

{c:[Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Bb] [|] [*%] [|] [Ab] [|] [Eb] [Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Bb] [|] [*%] [|] [Eb] [Bb] [|] [Eb]}

{cb: Prechorus:  [Ab] [|] [Ab]}

{soc: Refrain:}
Wenn ich [Ab]träum in der Nacht, träum ich [Fm]immer von dir
[Db]Du bist der [Ab]hellste Stern in dieser schönen [Eb]Nacht.
Und der S[Ab]tern sagt zu mir, ich bleib [Fm]immer bei dir,
[Db]bis dass der [Ab]Mor[Eb]gen er[Ab]wacht

Dann such [Ab]ich deine Hand und es [Fm]wird mir ganz klar,
[Db]Du bist der [Ab]Stern der mit dem Morgenrot [Eb]verschwand.
Doch es [Ab]wär wunderschön bis ans [Fm]Ende der Zeit,
[Db]mit dir zu geh'n [Ab]Hand [Eb]in [Ab]Hand.
{eoc}

{cb: Instrumental}

{c:[Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Ab] [|] [Fm] [|] [Abm] [|] [Bb][*---] [|] [Eb] [|] [*%] [|] [Cm] [|] [*%] [|] [Ab] [|] [Bb] [|] [Eb] [|] [Eb][*---]}

{soc: Refrain:}
Wenn ich [Ab]träum in der Nacht, träum ich [Fm]immer von dir
[Db]Du bist der [Ab]hellste Stern in dieser schönen [Eb]Nacht.
Und der S[Ab]tern sagt zu mir, ich bleib [Fm]immer bei dir,
[Db]bis dass der [Ab]Mor[Eb]gen er[Ab]wacht.    [Eb] [Bb]
{eoc}
Sorry for the delay in addressing this - I've found the cause of the issue (it was quite tedious to figure out). A fix will be included with the next update (3.8.42).

Thanks,
Mike