• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please allow stopping at end/beginning of page in set lists
Correct me if I am wrong, but right now if I want to use a set list, I will move to the next song if I push my foot pedal to progress beyond the last page.

Also, if I go back to the first page and hit the pedal, I will go to the prior song.

The way I am comfortable using MS is to hold down the pedal to get to the beginning or end of the song. I just hold the pedal down and it gets me there.

But, because of this, I can't use set lists. Instead, I have to use collections.

But I can't put collections in any order I want (I want to order them like a set list).

I would like to be able to:

1. Use a set list
2. Be able to hold the pedal down to get to the 1st or last page (without worrying it will skip to the next song).
3. Be able to switch to the next song pretty quickly without using the pedal.

The ideal would be to have a "next song" icon on the screen so I can just hit it to get to the next song (without worrying about inadvertantly going to the next song by hitting the pedal). (So, I could switch to next song in 1 step).

The next best would be able to just go back to the set list, which should be highlighted on the song I was one. So, I could just touch the next song to load it up (I would switch to the next song in 2 steps).

I am not sure if I am the only one the prefers to navigate songs this way (rather than messing with link points (current version) or having repeats of pages (which will be made easier in next version).

Please consider this.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,

I have added options that let you skip to the next song or previous song in a setlist. You can assign these to pedal presses or taps on specific spots on the screen (corners and the top). Would you still prefer to have an option to never advance past the current song (forward or backward) when using a pedal? While I can add that, you would then have to tap on the sides of the screen to advance to the next/previous song.

Mike
Yes, I would appreciate if you could add an option to never advance past the current song (or back to a prior song) via use of the pedal/page turn.

I am fine tapping on the screen to progress to the next song.

That will be very helpful for me.

Thanks so much!

Jeff

(10-17-2014, 10:19 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Jeff,

I have added options that let you skip to the next song or previous song in a setlist. You can assign these to pedal presses or taps on specific spots on the screen (corners and the top). Would you still prefer to have an option to never advance past the current song (forward or backward) when using a pedal? While I can add that, you would then have to tap on the sides of the screen to advance to the next/previous song.

Mike
I like the idea of using something different to move between songs and pages. Talking to a friend that uses iGigBook, that uses a tap to change page and a swipe to change song. Something like that could work. I don't use a pedal, but I would have thought restricting it to page turns and having to use the screen to change songs is a good option.

If you are going to add medleys to give something like a setlist with a setlist, then you may want an option to allow page turns to move between songs in the medley, but not songs in the set list.

Andy
(10-17-2014, 11:55 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Yes, I would appreciate if you could add an option to never advance past the current song (or back to a prior song) via use of the pedal/page turn.

I am fine tapping on the screen to progress to the next song.

That will be very helpful for me.

Thanks so much!

Jeff

Mike

I'm not Mike, but I think that would be useful. Also useful would be

a) having these corners on the screen show in some transparent color, with indication what they do (next/prev song)
b) similarly, have screen areas that you can hit to jump to the next link-point show up in a transparent colour(again, optionally showing what a press will do)
c) have a similar transparent indicator on the screen show what the next pedal tap left/right (shown on left/right as appropriate) will do

the latter will be helpful for beginners (like me) to get a feel/quick help to what options we have. We can then play with different settings and learn the available options 9and where the sensitive spots are etc) while playing. Over time we'll likely increase the transparency or do w/o those altogether, but it would sure help getting used to things.
I use the same method and continue experimenting.

Gman Stl,
Mike said he modified the program in MS pro to you can set it to stop at the end/beginning of the song in a setlist when you use a foot pedal (and then switch songs by tapping on the tablet).

This should work for me.

(12-13-2014, 01:03 AM)gman Wrote: I use the same method and continue experimenting.

Gman Stl,
Sorry all. New to forums in general and definitely to Mobile Sheets. I wanted to read some of the answers to Jeffn1's questions submitted by Zubermanj, but I don't see his replies, other than when he says, "I have added options that let you skip to the next song or previous song in a setlist...."

I'm having trouble understanding how to have a setlist play completely from one song to the next, automatically starting each song as it's loaded. Is that possible? Do I have to do it with a pedal? What kind of pedal and how do I hook it up to my Android Tablet?

I know there are lots of questions for this thread. If they need to be broken up and spread around, please advise. Also, if these questions have been answered already, I can't find them.
Thank you!

I have added options that let you skip to the next song or previous song in a setlist. You can assign these to pedal presses or taps on specific spots on the screen (corners and the top).

Mike

These only seem to work if you have the "load all" option enabled or you select "load all" in the setlist. It would be nice if they worked without the load all. Then the next/previous page would stay on the current song and you could switch song with the next/previous song "buttons"

Andy
(04-22-2015, 09:05 PM)Pjae Stanley Wrote: Sorry all. New to forums in general and definitely to Mobile Sheets. I wanted to read some of the answers to Jeffn1's questions submitted by Zubermanj, but I don't see his replies, other than when he says, "I have added options that let you skip to the next song or previous song in a setlist...."

I'm having trouble understanding how to have a setlist play completely from one song to the next, automatically starting each song as it's loaded. Is that possible? Do I have to do it with a pedal? What kind of pedal and how do I hook it up to my Android Tablet?

I know there are lots of questions for this thread. If they need to be broken up and spread around, please advise. Also, if these questions have been answered already, I can't find them.
Thank you!

Select 'load all' in your setlist. In scroll settings, select 'scroll continuously to end'. If you want vertical scrolling select vertical scrolling in 'display mode'. I use a bluetooth pedal, all that's needed is to turn pair them. I suppose the usb pedals just plug into the tablet. You don't need a pedal, but it's nice to have one. You can start stop the scroll handsfree with a pedal, along with other options. Adjusting scroll speed to the different may pose a problem although I think you may be able to set each songs scroll speed in scroll settings.

The 'skip' options to select the songs is found in settings>touch & pedal settings> touch actions.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12