• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro Has Been Released
It’s been a very long time coming, but I am pleased to announce the release of MobileSheetsPro on the Google Play app store. For a limited time, I will be offering MobileSheetsPro at a substantial discount so that existing users can upgrade at a lower cost. If you’ve been checking the website lately, you may have noticed a lot of changes. I redesigned the website to better demonstrate the capabilities of MobileSheetsPro, and updated information that was very out of date. There is also a new manual available that I advise everyone should read through at some point. I should also mention that there is a new companion application to go with MobileSheetsPro. Click the companion tab at the top of the page and download the new MobileSheetsPro companion. The original companion app will not work with MobileSheetsPro.

If you are going to upgrade from the original MobileSheets, you can follow these easy steps to transfer your library over:

Create a backup of you library in the original MobileSheets by going to Options->Utilities->Backup Library. Save it in a location such as /sdcard/downloads or another folder you have created. You can also create this backup using the companion app.
2) Install MobileSheetsPro, open it, tap on the overflow menu at the top right, and select Settings->Backup and Restore, and select “Restore Library from Backup”
3) After the restore finishes, you will have access to your MobileSheets library in MobileSheetsPro.

After restoring your library into MobileSheetsPro, you can either keep MobileSheets installed if you would like or uninstall it. MobileSheetsPro was designed to run alongside MobileSheets so that users could transition over at their own pace.

I hope everyone enjoys using all of the new features in MobileSheetsPro. It’s been a long journey to get here but I am very happy with how things have turned out (much of it thanks to the amazing community of MobileSheets users). My work is not done though: I’m going to be focusing now on a lot of promised functionality such as exporting annotations to PDFs as well as getting the Windows 8 version of MobileSheetsPro finished. I want to thank everyone who has helped support MobileSheets through the years – you all have helped make the app what it is today.

Now get over to the Play Store and download MobileSheetsPro! Don’t forget to leave a review if you have time – it makes a big difference!

Mike
Great work!

Another question:
I purchased the normal Mobilesheets from Slideme, but I can't find the Pro version there.
Or is it only available in the playstore?

TIA, Jerry
It's only available in the Play Store at the moment. I'm going to have to create store pages on the other app stores for distribution. I will try to get SlideME set up tomorrow.
(04-15-2015, 08:03 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It's only available in the Play Store at the moment. I'm going to have to create store pages on the other app stores for distribution. I will try to get SlideME set up tomorrow.

Okay, I'll wait for that.

Thanks, Jerry
What are the differences between the free and pro version?

How long will the discounted version be available (how fast do I need to rush)?
Great! I will download the Pro version tonight!

@srothkin, The free version is only to give you an impression of what MS is about, it is very limited in its possibilities, like limited number of songs in the database, only importing one song at a time... So if you want to start using MS seriously and want to scan and import your binder with paper music, you will quickly come to the conclusion you need the Pro version... and what is €4 to €5 for such a wonderful app you can enjoy each rehearsal and performance and hours of practicing, for years to come! At some places you pay this kind of money for a cup of coffee you might enjoy for only 15 minutes, and they do not let you taste it first to see if you like it!!
Kind regards, Marco

Start using Mobilesheets since Februari 22, 2015
Scanner: Canon MG2450 All in one printer (cheap, but works fine)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1"
Pedals: AirTurn PED (the new Bluetooth 4.0 (SMART READY) ones)
Member of Amateur bands HET/AlmaarBrass/JRBB, playing trumpet.
Just downloaded, very excited to finally try it out, especially the midi functions. Cheers!
The major differences between free and paid are:

- Free version only allows 8 songs in your library
- Free version only supports 2 link points per song
- Free version only supports 2 bookmarks per song

I may enforce other limitations at some point if I feel there needs to be more incentive for people to go to the paid version, but for now, it has all the same capabilities as the paid version.

The discount is only going to last for three days after I push out an update to the original MobileSheets letting people know about the availability of MS Pro, so most likely around the end of the day on Friday. I would extend the discount longer if I wasn't losing so much on new sales.

Mike
I've used MS for a couple years now and have stood on the sidelines watching the development and testing of MSPro.   I was so pleased to see it released yesterday and to get my first look at all the new things I've been looking forward to using.  So many things have changed and improved and frankly, I feel badly that such a low price was put on it even tho it's only for a limited time for those of us who have used it for a long time.

MS Pro does so much more than many software packages that I've bought in the past for 10 X the price of MS Pro.  I also understand the amount of effort it takes to make the major changes you did.  So .... I would like to donate a bit more towards your efforts as a "Thank You" but I can't find anyplace to do that.  Is there a "Donate" box somewhere?

Harper
I agree with Harper. I have also been looking for a 'paypal donate' or such on the Mobilesheets website but I did not find it ....
Harper\Rey_a,

I am so lucky to have such generous users. If you would like to donate, I will accept any and all donations to my paypal account at mzuber23@hotmail.com. Thank you for helping support MobileSheets - users like yourself help give me the energy to stay up past 3AM coding up fixes Smile

Mike
(04-16-2015, 01:28 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I may enforce other limitations at some point if I feel there needs to be more incentive for people to go to the paid version, but for now, it has all the same capabilities as the paid version.

Mike, the limitation to a total of eight charts, alone, is enough to ensure that those who need MSPro (99.9% of all potential users) will go for it.  Anyone only using eight charts would be just as happy to stay on paper Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
That's pretty much what I figured too. I'm surprised by the number of MobileSheetsFree installations reported on the play store, but maybe some people just leave it installed at the same time as the paid version.
I never removed it. It's a reference if a question is asked regarding the free ver. I'll probably keep the old paid ver for awhile also. I'm a bit of a procrastinator anyway. Smile
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Where is the link to download the new companion?
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2