• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
(05-18-2021, 11:29 PM)weezul Wrote: Hello fellow Mobilesheets users!
Ive been a happy mobilesheets user for years and years, all my gigs are deps on bass guitar, and I'd be dead without it. First on a Chinese 10inch, then a crappy 2nd hand 10inch samsung galaxy tab which recently became so slow it was unusable, and also the battery was basically at 0 capacity. Recently even having a power bank plugged in, it would still drain too fast to last a gig. So it was time. Time to finally be playing gigs again (Yay) and move to a 13.3 inch tab... and oh my god.. 

Hannspree Zeus 3 - 13.3 inch Android Tablet

I paid about £250 for the tablet. It's giant. It just JUST fits in my current clip (which is also years and years old), without the case.

Negatives first:

It's super heavy, and even more unwieldily when being used with the free case it comes with.

It only charges through DC power jack 3A 5V, but it looks like you can get a USB-A to barrel on ebay that should fit. If I grab it i'll come back and confirm 
it charges from a power bank at 2A.

It's okay for A4 pages but you waste a lot of length, and this thing carries some hefty bezels as well.

Positives:
In terms of mobilesheets though, it's glorious. Everything seems to work fine, importing from google drive, restoring my library through the companion, my Cicada PageTurn over Bluetooth. The size increase is excellent, especially when I format my charts for the aspect ratio perfectly (think it's straight up 16:9). 
The battery life is insane, or maybe I'm just so used to never leaving home without a fully charged 20,000mah battery pack for my old tablet haha! It's been on for about 5 days, one full day of using behringer X-air app for a recording session doing headphone mixes, and 3 days of preparing charts and practicing for an upcoming gig. 11hrs screen on time. Think it's 10,000mah battery.
The tablet itself seems fine and snappy, but honestly I don't use this tablet for anything recreationally like content consumption or gaming etc. It usually will live in my gig bag and I only get it out to make a setlist.

Anyway, hope this may help people think about the pros and cons of going big or going home Smile

https://imgur.com/a/NiylHw8

Ahh, a new updated 13.3 Hannspree.  For many years I used an earlier version and it served me very well.  Now they have upgraded the memory, OS, etc.  So, I would not be surprised it it ends up being a good budget (regular MS use does not require a lot of computing power) "go to" source for those looking for a larger tablet.

It looks like it is not available in the US yet.  So, I am presuming it becomes available at a budget price.
(09-26-2020, 10:41 AM)maintech Wrote: Regarding your laptop:

1. 14" HP Stream laptop $140 US from Best Buy. [Win 10. this version of windows is ideal for apps like MSP because it is plug and play for all the functions you are likely to use. it's a good  app controller.] 

Could you please tell me the screen dimensions of your tablet?  I've been seeing that a lot of larger tablets are actually just long and narrow, and there is a lot of wasted screen.  I'm looking for something with similar width/height ratio to a piece of paper.  Thanks!
I now rely on my tablet to display my music, so I always carry two to a gig. I use them for nothing else. I never use sound or MIDI, and since my Bluetooth pedal keeps timing out I use a USB pedal.

I have two ancient Hanspree 13" Android tablets that are slowly dying (2014, $220 each). Occasionally loading a song takes 20-30 seconds.
I have an RCA / Pro 12 12"Android  tablet with detachable keyboard (2019, $200). Faster than the above, never a long delay.

By far the best tablet I have for MobileSheets is the HP X360 14a Chromebook (2021, $270 on Amazon).
It is more solidly built, is much faster, and has better interfaces (USB-A for my pedal, USB-C for charging). Its screen is larger, and its battery lasts twice as long as any of the others when new. Its keyboard folds flat so it fits on my pianos' music stands just fine. This is a modern Chromebook that runs Android Apps from the Google Play Store, including MobileSheets. Two drawbacks:
  1. Chrome OS won't let it connect via WiFi to the MobileSheets Companion App; I transfer music via a USB thumb drive (actually better for me than the Companion).
  2. It rests on its on/off switch, which I solved by taping a cardboard strip along that edge.
I think the best tablet to buy when only used foor sheet music is the Samsung S7 FE, which is already available below 500 euro and the s-pen is included!
Did anyone already try this one? I'm tempting to buy one of these.
I bought the 10.4 inch Samsung S6 lite.  It is usable but borderline small.  Had I seen the S7 FE at a good price I would have bought that one, and I still might.  It looks like the sweet spot between size and price.  If you buy it let us know.
Hello, I myself use the Galaxy Tab S7+ which has a 12.4 inch display and i am extremely happy with it. Today i had an S7FE in my hand in the electronics store. The display is the same size as the S7+ and the S Pen is also the same. I think the S7FE is an absolutely great choice.
(08-31-2022, 10:22 PM)blauhorn Wrote: Hello, I myself use the Galaxy Tab S7+ which has a 12.4 inch display and i am extremely happy with it. Today i had an S7FE in my hand in the electronics store. The display is the same size as the S7+ and the S Pen is also the same. I think the S7FE is an absolutely great choice.

There is supposedly better screen resolution on the S7+ than the S7 FE.  Could you tell any difference?
Thanks
(09-07-2022, 03:04 AM)timothy42b Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 10:22 PM)blauhorn Wrote: Hello, I myself use the Galaxy Tab S7+ which has a 12.4 inch display and i am extremely happy with it. Today i had an S7FE in my hand in the electronics store. The display is the same size as the S7+ and the S Pen is also the same. I think the S7FE is an absolutely great choice.

There is supposedly better screen resolution on the S7+ than the S7 FE.  Could you tell any difference?
Thanks

2.800x1.750 (S7+) vs. 2.560x1.600 (S7FE). You would have to have very good eyesight to see a difference. I don't think it's noticeable in rehearsal and on stage.
Hello,

I found MobileSheets, because I wanted a Windows bases system.
Do not want to start with Android and Apple does not have large enough tablets.

Thus I bought a Lenovo IdeaFlex convertible with 15,6 '' display, touch screen, fingerprint and full hd. EUR 600 was ok.
I am very happy with it.
Inside a Windows environment with my own home server I have no problems with the management of files and backups.

However I am a newbee and not a professional musician.

There are already convertibles on the market with 4k and 16 '' display (e.g. HP), but they are still expensive.

If there were an iPad with 15 or 16 '' I would probably prefer this, and with a WebDAV connect to my Windows server I would be happy.
Hope both iOS and WebDAV support comes.

Drawback of the convertible is the weight. It is much heavier than a tablet, so you must have a sturdy music stand.

All in all a convertible is a good option and with an offer, you can get a very reasonable price.
I started with a convertible Chromebook.  It worked well, had the 3:2 high resolution screen, etc.  But I ended up frustrated with the whole convertible laptop approach and some of things it can't do easily (like blank the screen instantly, cover the keyboard, use a protective case).

I changed to the Samsung S6 Lite, which worked perfectly but is on the small side.  It would be fine with just slightly better vision.  I just got the S7 FE, refurbed on Amazon, and I think I've found the sweet spot.
Hi everyone

It's been a while since this topic was discussed so thought I'd ask for an update!

I've been using the hannspad titan 2 for a few years now and it's been great, but the battery is now less than reliant (it gets to about 30% then switches off!) so I'm thinking I might spend a bit more on the next one.

I'd rather not go the iPad/ms surface route as everything else I own is android, and as im a singer and pianist I need it to sit nicely on a music stand and connect to my airturn pedal. What are your suggestions please?

It seems like the samsung 7 fe was a good choice a few months ago, is this still the case?

Would also like to know if the spen is good enough to use in rehearsals?

Thanks in advance!
I switched to the S7 Fe a frew month ago. I got the 128 GB Version with 6gb RAM. It workes perfect for me. The spen is absolut perfect too. Why not. Two days with 10 hours of rehearsal no Problem without charging.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Hello,

I am not a professional and use a Windows 10 Convertible with a 15,5 inch display.
For me it is ok, because I do not use it in a professional environment.

I saw the following problems:

Bluetooth connection to loudspeaker sometimes does not work and MobileSheets can crash (think this is a Windows connectivity problem).
The pivot shift to portrait sometimes does not work and you have to try several times.
The weight of 1.8 kg is too much for most stands.

I am happy that MobileSheet is now available on iOS, but I am too thrifty to buy an iPad Pro.

I think connectivity and stability is best on iOS. With Android I do not have any experience.

Best regards.
(02-20-2023, 02:12 AM)McAroni Wrote: I switched to the S7 Fe a frew month ago. I got the 128 GB Version with 6gb RAM. It workes perfect for me. The spen is absolut perfect too. Why not. Two days with 10 hours of rehearsal no Problem without charging.

I agree. I got the S7 FE for the specific purpose of using it with music sheets and I'm loving it with Mobile Sheets.
Hello musicians,

I'm currently using an old Galaxy tab s3. It's still quit good for this job, and it as a nice 4:3 OLED display with high definition. The only drawback, the screen size is relatively small (9,7'') and I often need to use it in landscape (for witch 4:3 is good for) and scroll a lot with the pedal, so I'm thinking the S7 FE would be a good replacement.

However, I often need to play outdoor. Since the S7 FE hasn't got an OLED display, is it still readable outdoor on a sunny day ? Or is it worth investing (much) more for the S7+ or S8+ OLED with better visibility ?

Regards