• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage location of Audio files
Hi,

I thought I had setup MS pro to store everything on the external SD card but I have noticed that everything but the Audio files are stored on the external SD card. Looks like all of the audio files are being stored in the "Music" folder that is local to the tablet.

My current settings:
I have "Let Mobile sheets Manage my Files checked.
"Set the Mobile Sheets Storage location" is set to /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilsheetspro/files
"Copy Audio files" is checked
"Create subdirectories for Songs" is checked.

So when looking at the folders, most everything is stored in the /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilsheetspro/files, but all of the audio (mp3, mid, etc) are being stored on the local "Music" folder.

Everything was added using the Mobile Sheets pro Companion running on windows 7.

So, my question is how do I get the audio files to reside on the external card and is there any way to have MS Pro relocate to the external sd card location without having to move each one separately? (I have about 100 songs so far)

Thanks for help? (Great program, btw)
Ok,  I see where I went wrong.  In the manual it states;

"Once you add a file, the various fields will be populated with information, and the file will be added to the song’s list of audio tracks. By default, the song will be transferred and added to the tablet’s global music directory. The benefit of putting songs in this directory is that the tablet will automatically detect that a new track has been added, and you will see the track in any other application/browser that looks at the music directory (for example, music players). Another added benefit is that the audio track won’t be deleted if you uninstall MobileSheetsPro. If you want to keep the audio file in the same location as the other song files, change the storage location at the top to “Default Application Storage”"

I didn't notice the pulldown menu to select the storage location in the Companion app.  I just assumed that the settings I had made in the app on the tablet would supercede.  (Ha, bad assumption)

So, is there a way to get all of the audio files transferred to the external sd card without having to re-do each one ?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, unless you know how to edit a SQLite database, there is no easy way. If you do happen to know SQL, I can walk you through the queries you would need to execute.

Mike
(04-23-2015, 06:30 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Unfortunately, unless you know how to edit a SQLite database, there is no easy way. If you do happen to know SQL, I can walk you through the queries you would need to execute.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll just plan on moving them over over time.  (I don't have that many yet)
It should only take about a 1/2 hour or less.

Thanks.
Sorry to make again current this thing but I didn't understand if it's really possible to have audio files on (i.e.) external SD card without using the companion pc app, actually I've set the "Copy audio files" in the MobileSheetsPro settings.

I'm experimenting and for now I can have all the data (plus the MobileSheetsPro database) on my external SD card, what I would like to achieve is also the audio files that I'll add to my stuff.

Regarding the audio files (and player in the MobileShettsPro) I have a question: if I import a pdf containing a piano sonata, so we say three movements all in the same pdf file when I add the audio files that will be three distinct mp3 how could I play them one by one ? Does the player let me to set and choose three bookmarks inside the audio files ?
Sad ...looking for a good Tablet....!!! Confused
OS ...to be determined !!!