• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page going blank and not returning
Last night, during a performance, my wife lost her MS screen completely.

It went blank with a rotating circle in the centre.

She had to use the back button and open the song again before it would restore.

We had to stop and start again, a little embarrassing.

Tablet is a Sum-vision, using MS Pro, with all the latest updates (1.0.8) the size of the pdf for the song in question is 496kb. Airturn bluetooth pedal was connected but not in use.

I have had this happen on my own @TAB tablet, but that was on the previous update, it hasn't happened yet on the latest one.
This has been happening to me more and more lately.  I still don't know if it's MSP or my tablet.  My new tablet will arrive today so I will see if it continues to be a problem on that one too.  I generally change the orientation of the tablem from portrait to landscape and that brings the song back

It's not a big deal when I'm practicing but it's happened frequently enough lately that I wouldn't considering using the set-up in performance. 
1.0.7 and 1.0.8 had serious bugs with ChordPro files. I also was surprised as 1.0.7 was installed automatically. My conclusion: I deactivated auto-update in Google playstore. In future I will update only manually and won't update before important gigs.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Sorry to hear that happened gerryfitz. Did this happen while viewing a setlist or an individual PDF? Hopefully I can find some way to reproduce this problem, as I haven't seen it happen (except for the recent chord pro problem) in a long time. If anyone has advice for how to reproduce this problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
We had loaded all the songs we were intending to do into the 'recent' list (10 of them) and just select from there once we are on stage.

(We play at Folk Clubs and pick a song to suit).

This song was selected from the 'recent' page.

It was not part of an actual set list. Hope that makes sense.
As this issue is still unfixed: how could I get back MSP 1.0.6 ?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

For what it's worth, this mainly happens to me when I use a pdf from the standard song list.  But it has also happened once or twice when I select a tune from my Collections..  I've not had it happen in Setlists but then I don't use that nearly as much.  

I got my new tablet 2 days and the problem still occurs on that device altho it doesn't seem to occur as frequently as on my other device.

Harper
Now having a major crisis of confidence in this new version of MS Pro. This 'blank screen and loading symbol' problem occurred another seven times during our performance tonight, on different songs and tunes.

We can't keep looking so bad in our performances and are going to have to go back to paper until we can sort out why this happening.

I can't help feeling that the new Pro version, with all its bells and whistles, is over complicated for the use we want to put it to. All we need is to be able to open our songs and play from them. We don't write to the app or use any other of the features.

Is it possible to have just a basic version for those that don't need all the extra facilities?

I am going to try a few things.

1. Delete the app and re-install it in case it has corrupted (unlikely as others are experiencing the same problem).

2. Re-install the original (green) version of MS, which although had a few glitches, didn't cause anything like the problems we are having with MS Pro.
gerryfitz - I have an update coming, I apologize for the delay. I've just been trying to gather a number of critical bug fixes before I pushed something out.

Mike
OK, thanks.

We will hang fire and use paper until the update is released.
I do wonder if this problem is not more a fault with the tablet's architecture than directly with MSP? I don't see complaints from owners of Samsung or other high-end tablets, for example (and I've never experienced this display problem on my P900) so it does rather beg the question.

Cheaper tablets obviously offer great value for money and I bought one myself, specifically for use with MS. However, long-term use of that tablet did reveal a few problems - in my case, the major one being the poor mechanical stability of the USB ports and the subsequent discovery that there was no way I could actually get any service from the manufacturers.

I then purchased a Samsung SM-P900 - which did, indeed, cost a lot more, but its overall performance was so much slicker that the original tablet was almost immediately demoted to backup device. I had a rehearsal today - several hours with the tablet functioning throughout all that time. A lot of loading of different charts, assembling several setlists, etc., etc., and not one glitch (other than my BT pedal failing because I had forgotten to charge its battery.

I blame myself, I am very aware of the old saying - buy cheap, buy twice Sad . Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
gerryfitz - which Sum-vision tablet do you have? Do you happen to know which OS version it is running? I want to double check and make sure the problem has nothing to do with OS version.

Thanks,
Mike
Graeme, while I basically agree with what you're saying about lesser quality tablets, my ASUS Transformer T700 was far from being a low-end machine when I bought it. In fact, it was the top-rated tablet at that time. And while it is a couple years old now, it still has a configuration that is better than many tablets currently out there. I occasionally had the blanking problem on it back in the MS days but now even more so now with MSP. For all I know, it still may be the tablet but I don't think its necessarily an attribute of a low-end machine.
My stance is that any tablet from Android 2.2 onward should be able to run MobileSheetsPro (I may require 4.0 at some point in the future though). With newer/faster tablets, the experience should be superior, but the application should still function as it's meant to on older tablets. If pages are not rendering properly, then something is certainly wrong that should be addressed. The biggest concern I have is with memory. Some tablets are much more generous with how much memory they will let an individual application use, and I do try to cache a fair number of images in memory to make page turns faster (12 pages are cached at a time by default - the current page, 7 forward and 4 back).

Harper - when you say pages are blanked, do you just see the spinning progress bar, or does nothing show up at all?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes, I see the spinning progress bar.  I have to hit the Back button or change the orientation from Portrait to Landscape.